18.

•rebecca•

"What's your name?" I hear a girl beside me ask. She has beautiful green eyes with freckles on her face, with her blonde hair falling to her bum. She looks to be around my age.

"Rebecca." I shyly respond. We continue to walk up the stairs, following everyone before us.

"How long have you been with your owner." She asks.
"Couple of weeks." I tell her.

She widens her eyes. "Wow. So you're new to this. How have you been doing?"

"Horrible." I tear up. She puts her hand on my shoulder and looks at me with compassion in her eyes. Just makes me want to cry more.

We enter some kind of den, and the girls break off into groups and sit in their own space.

Not really knowing where to go, I follow the blonde. We sit on a white couch with a few other girls.

They all look so comfortable as they speak, rather than their previous state downstairs.

"You're Mr. Mendes' new girl right?" An Asian girl points at me. She has short black hair, very pale skin and small eyes.

I nod and look down, extremely shy at all the girls staring at me.

"That man has a different girl every week." She giggles.

A maid comes to us and gives us small teacups with a small plate under it. She pours hot green tea in each of our cups.

"You know him?" I ask her, taking a sip of the warm soothing liquid.

"My daddy and him are pretty close. He comes to our place every so often. I hear him talk about his girls a lot. He talks about you too."

There is silence in our air. "Were all of you bought?"

The girls in the circle nod their heads, humming as well.

"Most of us here are. But some of the girls were just taken and given. Mostly the older ones." The blonde girl speaks. She takes a sip of her tea so gently. "How are you doing with the whole transition?"

"I just want to go home. He says he won't do it anymore, but I feel like if I do the wrong thing, he'll just hurt me again." I tell them, not caring if Mendes finds out I told and beats my ass for it.

"I know how you feel, it was like that at first too." She says, and the girls nod, agreeing with her.

"How long has it been?" I curiously question.
"Four years. I was taken at twelve." She says so calmly, like it's no big deal.

Twelve years old...

How? How can someone take a little girl from her innocent life at twelve years old?

"How have you girls dealt with it?" I ask and a light-skinned girl giggles. I look at her confused.

"Dealt with it? There's no way to deal with something like this. You mean, survive?"

I look down while nodding, feeling so embarrassed.

"These men just want to control you. They wanna feel like they can walk all over you. That's not the case for me anymore." She takes a sip of her tea, and I wait for her to continue. "If you give him control, that's when you're in control."

I'm still extremely confused and she sees that and amusingly rolls her eyes.

"These men love power. When you show them how powerful they are, they become attached to you. That's when you can get anything you want."