47.

A/N: this chapter will every so often switch from real life to dreams.

Italics as dream
Normal text as reality.

Enjoy!!

***************************************

•rebecca•

All I feel is complete heat all over my body, but that space where I've been shot feels so cold.

He gently lays me down at the back of a car, then yells something outside. I lay there, blood pouring out of my abdomen.

All I can hear is a loud ring in my head.

This isn't happening. I'm not dying. This is all a dream I will wake up from.

The car begins to drive, with Mendes and I in the back seats. He begins to take his shirt off, and presses hard on my wound to try to stop the blood from pouring out of me.

I don't scream, cry or yell. I just stay silent, enduring the pain I'm feeling in every ounce of my body.

"You'll be okay." He repeats, to himself more than me. I reach for his hand and hold it tight.

As minutes go by, my eyes start to become heavy.

"Don't close your eyes, please baby." He kisses the top of my head, as I fight to keep my eyes open.
"Drive faster." He shouts at the driver.

Every time I close them, I see some kind of kitchen, and weight in my hands.

I just stop fighting and close my eyes.

*

My eyes open abruptly. Instead of being in a car, I'm in the kitchen of a house, feeling weight in my hands.

Looking down, I see a small baby in my arms.

I almost drop the baby from my surprise, as the baby plays with my hair. Her eyes are so big, with her lashes so long. Her eyes have familiar hazel eyes, with brown specs swimming in green ones.

Her skin is golden brown, so smooth and soft. She has a small nose, and her lips are a light pink colour.

She smells so sweet, and feels so warm. She is dressed in a white onesie, with her black curls messy on top of her head.

She looks so perfect and innocent.

The more I look at her, the more my memory comes back and I realize what is happening and who she is.

What's happening is that I've flown forward in time, and I'm holding my daughter in my hands.

I even remember when I gave birth to her, and taking care of her, how she was conceived.

But I don't know her name, I don't know where I am, I don't know who I created this beautiful creature with.

*

"I love you so much, kitten. I'm sorry I ever put you through this." Mendes says before the car comes to a stop. I feel my body getting lifted up by him, and he carries me towards the emergency doors.