54.

•rebecca•

When I open the door to go downstairs for my tea, I found his figure with his back facing me.

He turns as soon as he hears me and his eyes soften, and his muscles tense down.

"Just come with me." Shawn grabs my wrist and starts gently pulling me downstairs. "I can't let you leave my sight."

My eyes fixed on him from behind, and I could feel my cheeks ache from trying to fight a smile.

For that small moment, I realized this is the only man I'll ever love.

"W-wait. Look at what I'm wearing." I tell him, my feet coming to a stop and looking up at him, who looks down at my clothes.

"It doesn't matter, we have no time."

I pull my wrist away from him and laugh a little at his frustration. "I'll change in the car, just let me get some proper clothes."

He sighs and motions our bedroom door. I jog back and get a pair of pants and a shirt, before jogging back to him.

He has his hand reaching out for me, making me melt in silence inside.

At least I know that I'm addicted to him, which makes it less crazy. But being addicted to someone's presence that you're in love with is okay, right?

No.

Nothing about what I'm feeling is okay, and I would've never predicted to feel like this back in October.

I put on my coat and combat boots before we go to the car. I wait to get warm before taking off my sweatpants and sweater, leaving me in just my underwear.

Before I can put on my jeans, I see him reaching for the light which reflects on me.

He doesn't even hide the fact that he is trying to look at me half naked, with his eyes not even on the road.

"Shawn!" I shout, quickly putting my jeans on. When I stand up slightly to put my pants all the way up, he tilts his head to the side to get a better look at my bum. I slap his arm which reels him back to reality. "Are you crazy?"

He chuckles and finally puts his eyes back on the road.
"What? I can't look at what's mine?"

"You can, but don't take your eyes off of the road."

He let out an aspirated sigh and put his eyes back on the road. I put on my  shirt and sit back on my seat with my legs on the dashboard.

The car comes to a red light, angering Shawn.

As Shawn curses in the background, my eyes fix on two blue birds on a metal fence. The two creatures and why they are here in January confuses me.

A few seconds later, one bird flies away into the sky, leaving the other bird all alone.

I don't know why, but something told me the two birds would meet again.

Soon enough, we reached the tall building with 'Mendes' written at the front in large white letters.

The building has large spotless windows, and it looks so perfect but gives me a bit of anxiety looking all the way up at it.

We take the elevator to the last floor, which will take a while. His hand doesn't leave from around my waist, keeping me close to him.

When the elevator doors open, it reveals the tens of men around a long oval table.

They rise to their feet as soon as their eyes lands on the powerful man beside me.