33.

•shawn•

"We found the truck in Russia." One of my men tells the important men. We cheer and cling glasses in relief.

That truck full of cocaine has finally been found after weeks of searching.

Those Russians are about to fucking die.

I know if we try to take that bus, they'll want to go to war. So be it. We're a lot more powerful than those Russians.

"Book a hotel in Russia." I order to a servant. He nods and turns to leave.

After a whole week of being away from her, I now have to go back and get her to go to Russia. I don't know how long this is going to take, but I can't be in Russia worrying about her.

This whole time, I tried to get my mind off of her but desperately failed.

It's becoming obvious to me that I'm falling for her.

Those weren't my intentions. My attentions were to do what I always do with the girls I bought.

The last thing I want is for her to turn me into this soft bitch. She's slowly starting to, and I'm angry at her for it.

I need to go back home and get her now, I'm kind of afraid she did something stupid.

If she tried to pull something, the promise I made her not to hurt her anymore will be nothing.

"You all be in Russia tomorrow."

After I get up, they do so to and I make my way to my car.

***

•rebecca•

Katerina's face is of pure shock as she watches me on her bed with her phone in my ear.

I'm extremely afraid because I've been caught and I don't know what she's going to do, but relieved because it wasn't Him.

My button presses the red upside down phone button, hanging up on the person I love the most in life.

"What have you done?" She walks towards me angrily. It's weird to see her so angry, given she's always happy and all cheery even though she works for a crazy man that treats her like garbage.

Her hands snatch the phone out of my hands and I suddenly feel empty.

"I didn't say anything. They didn't even answer." I tell her as she inspects her phone. She gasps before shooting her head up at me.

"I'm not estúpido. It says twenty second call." She sneers. After putting her phone in her pocket, she crosses her arms and looks at me, waiting for me to speak.

All I can do is shrug. I'm still stunned about the fact that I just heard my momma's voice.

Her real voice. Not just in my head. I heard my real momma's voice.

I wish I could enjoy it a lot more. I wish I could've said something so she would've heard me. But the fear that Mendes would find out and do something horrible to her stopped me.

"I-I'm sorry Kat. It'll never happen again." I placate, hoping she'll have the heart to not tell him what I'd just done.

She shakes her head, pacing around the room. "Mr. Mendes is going to be so angry."

I feel tears form in my eyes.

No! No! No!

He will literally kill me if he found out I called home. And I'm afraid he's going to do worse and kill people I love.

Regret fills my body. I wish I would've never pick up that phone. I wish I would've never walked in her room.

I wish I would've said yes to getting a drive home that day.

"Kat, please don't tell him." I panic, grabbing her hand and holding it in both of mine.

She looks at me deeply before sitting on the bed next to me. "How could you do this? I could lose my job!"

I stay silent, looking at her, begging with my eyes.

"Are you going to tell him?" I question, squeezing her hands tighter.

She let's go of me and motions the door. "Just please leave my room."

I oblige and leave her room. Fear is completely dominating the rest of my feelings.

But hearing my mother's voice was something I needed.

I walk to my bed, laying underneath the sheets and crying my heart out.

Just hearing the hurt in my mother's voice is killing me inside. It's causing me to sob until the very last breath.

I'm instantly regretting calling her. I feel like I'm reaching for something I can't grasp.

I wonder what they think back home. My family, my friends, Tyler.

What do they think happened to me? Do they know I've been kidnaped? Or do they just think I'm dead?

I wipe away my last tear. I don't want to cry anymore, I'll just die of dehydration.

It's weird, being alone just depresses me so much. The thoughts of back home completely take over my brain and makes me feel like I'm in an empty hole.

Hearing the voice of the person I love the most in this world completely just adds on to it.

The fear I had, caused by Mendes caused me to somehow not think of those things. I was too preoccupied with him to think of home.

Even just the little good moments with him.

Now I'm finding myself hoping he'd never left. Even though I should want to be away from him, I'm starting to realize that I'm somehow missing him.

Just as I finish my thought, I hear those familiar loud steps. My door opens, revealing the tall evil man.

Mendes is back.

His look looks even darker then usual. No I never thought that could even be possible. His eyes are so dark, just his overall presence is.

He knows.

Katerina must've told him.

I sink in deeper in my bed as he walks over to me, towering over me as I'm in a ball on the bed.

"Pack your stuff. We're going to Russia."

***

QOTC - what's your favourite song in the Shawn Mendes album?

Mine is Why, it's so beautiful and nobody can tell me it's not about Camilla.