44.

Songs for this chapter:

Don't - Bryson Tiller

Distance - Omarion

Nice For What - Drake

•rebecca•

A few days later. Saturday night.

"What's taking you so long?" Mendes groans, walking into my bathroom. I am currently getting ready for Anna's birthday party at the club.

I have makeup items all over the counter, and I've been trying to find the right look. I constantly keep wiping some off, thinking it's too much, then adding some more, thinking it's not enough.

I'm sitting on the counter to be closer to the mirror, with my feet in the sink.

"Calm down." I laugh, wiping my whole face again and deciding to just do a natural look.

Looking into the mirror, I see him looking at me through it, watching my every move.

"You've been getting ready for the past hour." He whines, walking close behind me.
"I'm almost done. Hey, maybe you can help me so we go faster." I say.

"Absolutely not." He grabs my eyelash curler and inspects it like it's a foreign object.
"Look." I begin, plugging in a hair curler I found laying around in the closet. "Just curl my hair."

"I don't fucking know how." He chuckles, grabbing the curler.

"Just grab a strand of hair and wrap it around the curler like this, and then let it go after a few seconds." I explain, using my hair and the curler to help him understand.

He sighs and waits for the iron to heat up. After a few minutes, he hesitatingly grabs a piece of my hair and wraps it around the curler like I told him, while I'm filling in my eyebrows.

"Like that?" He questions, putting the curled strand over my shoulder. I look at him and giggle, surprised he actually did it.

"Perfect. Keep going." I tell him and he grabs another piece of hair. As I do my makeup, I constantly look over to him through the mirror. He looks so focused on what he's doing. His eyebrows are furrowed and his eyes are fixed on my hair.

I think him doing my hair is kind of cute, and it actually feels like we are in an actual boyfriend-girlfriend relationship. But I can't let this fantasy drift me away from reality.

Soon enough, I'm satisfied with my face and hair and stand up straight to put all of it up. After I tie the ponytail, I yelp in surprise when I feel him pull on it, making my face be literally only centimetres under him.

"What did I do?" I ask, trying to think of what I could've done today to 'misbehave'.
"Nothing. I just wanted to do this." He smirks, his voice low as he brings his lips close to mine.

He places a kiss on my lips, before sticking his tongue in my mouth. My legs feel weak as we soon enough have a battle with our lips. Although are lips are in opposite ways, we still kiss in sync.

His groin is against my bum and he has his hand wrapped around my throat, squeezing only a little lightly. It doesn't hurt, it just sends that tingling sensation again.

As soon as I was about to stand up to kiss him in a much more comfortable position, he pulls away and stares down at me.

"We're staying home. And you're going to be all mine." He states, letting go of my throat and I stand up straight. I try to catch my breath and recollect as he bucks his hips on my bum, making me stumble on the counter.