43.

•rebecca•

The next day

"You have to come." Anna insists and I take another sip of my tea. She has really started to make me enjoy tea.

"Mendes will never let me, he doesn't like me drinking." I inform her and she shakes her head with a grin. "And I'm not really a party type."

"You don't have to drink. Just come have fun with us." She says and I shrug. "I'll get William to talk to him. It'll be really fun, and I want you to be there."

Anna is having her eighteenth birthday this weekend at a club. I can't believe her master would let her do something like this. My master would never. There is no way he would let me drink.

I get up and grab my coat as soon as I hear the doorbell. Mendes is here to pick me up from a day at Anna's house.

"Hey, kitten." He gushes before kissing me. I say goodbye to Anna and then walk to his car.

There is one thing on my mind, and that's the surprise he told me about yesterday. I put my seatbelt on and look over to him.

"So, what's the surprise?" I ask him, and he smiles as soon as I do.
"You'll see when we get home." He smirks.

The drive was short so we arrived home in  about fifteen minutes. He led me to his balcony and placed a warm blanket over me before taking a seat next to me.

Everything about this is weird, he's acting weird and I feel like I won't really like this surprise.

"Before I give you this, I want you to know that I'm doing this because I finally trust you and I want you to be happy here." He explains and I nod, not looking away from his eyes.

I stay confused as he appears to be debating wether or not he should be doing this. He exhales loudly before pulling out a weird type of phone.

"This phone lets you call anyone, and it's unable to be traced." He tells me and I have an idea at the back of my head, but I need to hear more to know if this is really happening.

"I trust you enough that I know you won't do anything crazy. You're here to stay and I want you to be happy during the long time we have together." He says and I hold his free hand with the both of my trembling hands. My eyes start to sting as the upcoming tears form in my eyes.

"I'm letting you call home."

I close my eyes shut, letting the tear fall from my left eye and breathing calmly.

The one thing that I've been craving for more than actually going home is getting to talk to my family.

The sun is just barely setting, and I'm hoping that my parents aren't at work. So much is going through my head as he places the phone in my hands.

"Oh my god." I sigh, wiping the tears falling from my eyes. "I could never thank you enough."

I know it's taking so much of him to do something like this for me, and I know he's only doing this to make me happy. He truly wants me to be happy.

His eyes look at me intently, as I try to grasp onto the fact that he's really allowing me to call home.

He's come from beating my ass, to actually let me call home.

"I trust you. Go ahead."

I dial my mom's number and hold the phone into my ear. I've heard her voice, but it's been over a month I haven't talked to her. It's almost like this is a dream.