Chapter 2

This is a short chapter. Sorry.

------

Perrie ran over to the other building, which at this point, was undoubtably Leigh-Anne's. Hauling herself up the ladder and thundering up the rungs, she made it to the curly haired girl's window. Heaving open the window with lightning speed, Perrie lost her balance (because it's Perrie) and tumbled through, landing in the middle of Leigh-Anne's bedroom. It looked exactly the same as the last time she was there.

"Woah," a voice spoke, "excited to see me, huh Pez?"

Perrie could basically feel the smirk in her voice.
"Based on the circumstances, yeah."

Walking over to her blonde friend, Leigh-Anne offered her a hand, "What took you so long? It's 10:25, and you look like you just shook hands with a ghost."

Accepting Leigh-Anne's hand, she dusted herself off. Perrie forced herself to make eye contact with the dark skinned girl. She took a deep breath and then admitted;
"I went to wrong house."

The raven haired girls eyes widened as she stared straight at the female before her. Expressionless at first, and then a noise escaped Leigh-Anne's mouth.
"Pfffffttt,"

"Leigh-Anne!" Perrie gasped, "It's not funny! Your neighbor thinks I'm a burglar!"

Leigh-Anne doubled over, clutching her stomach. Her afro bouncing with ever giggle produced.

"Oh my gosh- sorry, sorry." She straightened her back and wiped her eyes, "H-how did you manage to do that?"

"I forgot what building you lived in, alright?'

"I feel like I should be insulted." Leigh laughed as she crawled out the window.

"Besides that," The blonde diverged. Desperate for a change in the conversation topic. "your neighbor was really weird." Perrie scrunched her eyebrows, remembering her encounter with the girl.

"What, you mean, like, the decor?"

"No, your actual, physical, neighbor."

Leigh-Anne scrunched her eyebrows. "Wait. That must mean..." Her mouth dropped, "someone saw you?!"

Groaning, Perrie tilted her head back and answered, "Yeah..."

Giggling, Leigh-Anne hopped off the ladder and onto the ground.

"As I was saying," Perrie glared, "your neighbor was acting really odd."

"Yup," the chuckling girl chirped, "pretty much all my neighbors are freaks. Which one was it?" By now both girls were on the ground, walking towards Jesy's car.

Perrie pointed to the building next to them. "First window."

Leigh-Anne's eyes widened, "You snuck into Mr. Thirlwall's apartment... And he saw you?!" The dark skinned girl was back at laughing her ass off.

"For your information," Perrie crossed her arms, "it's wasn't a man that I saw. It was a girl, she was around our age, I think."

"Wait," Leigh-Anne pointed back at the building. "First window, right?"

"Uh, yeah? Leigh we already discussed this part."

"Nobody lives there but Mr. Thirlwall."

Perrie raised an eyebrow, "But I saw a girl in there."

"Unless I've been going crazy for the past lifetime I've lived here, there's nobody in there but Mr. Thirlwall."

"We made eye contact for like, 5 minutes. There's a girl in there."

The curly haired girl shrugged, "I guess someone else could be living there without anyone knowing. They just have to never come out."

By now the pair had reached Jesy's car, the owner of the car (who at the moment was taking a very relaxing nap) shot up from her seat at the sound of someone knocking.

Shoving Leigh-Anne out of the way, Perrie opened the door to the front seat.

"What took you guys so long?" Jesy yawned, looking down at her phone. "It's 10:34."

Leigh-Anne spoke up from the back, "Perrie here, went to the wrong apartment."

Jesy let out a noise that was a cross between a snort and a gasp, "You- you went to the wrong apartment?" She stuttered, trying to control her laughter (and obviously not doing a good job).

Perrie who was bright red, let out an agitated groan. "Yeah I did, alright?"

"And someone saw her!" Leigh-Anne shouted from the back, earning her a death stare from the bright red blonde.

"Someone saw you?!" Jesy was gripping her stomach at this point, trying her best to not wee.

"About that," Perrie's cheeks lost a bit of its red, thinking about the girl she encountered that night, "I saw a girl and... she was acting really... Odd..."

After regaining her composer, Jesy turned to the girl beside her, who was nervously picking at her nails. "What do you mean by odd?"

"I mean that she was super scared-"

"Well, you did break into her home, Pez."

"No, besides that," the blonde put her face into her hands out of frustration, "she was understandably frightened when she saw me, but then, like, a loud noise came from outside the door and then she started to panic."

Leigh-Anne piped up from the back, "What's weirder is that fact that I didn't even know she existed until Perrie told me about her."

"Wait," Jesy's laughter-filled smile morphed into a more confused one. "what?"

"The only person I know of that's living there is Mr. Thirlwall."

"Are you sure you guys are talking about the same place?" Jesy asked while starting the car.

"Uh, yeah." Perrie responded, a bit insulted.

"Um," The brunette hesitated, "what do you mean by... Er, loud noise, Perrie?"

Perrie looked at the brunette, "A few thuds and some... Yelling..." She trailed off.

Tension began to build up in the car.

Leigh-Anne started, "You don't think..." Her voice weakened.

"No... That- that couldn't happen." Jesy knit her eyebrows, "...right?"

The car was dead silent, none of them wanting to address the elephant in the room. An uncomfortable feeling sat among the three.

"We should head to that party, yeah girls?" Jesy suggested, trying to lift some of the tension. Pressing down on the gas pedal, the car began to move.

"Yeah, we can clear our minds and stuff." Leigh said, "maybe even find you some cute girls, right Pez?"

"Yeah..." Perrie was resting her head on the window, not completely listening to the two other people in the vehicle.

Noticing how upset the usually happy girl was, Jesy turned on the radio, glad to hear the song that came on.

"Com'n Pez. You love this song."

Leigh-Anne smirked and sang in tune with the chorus, "Just say you feel the way that, I feel,"

"I'm feeling sexual, so we should be sexual!" Leigh-Anne and Jesy sang. They paused, waiting for Perrie's reaction.

"You guys are doing it wrong!" Perrie laughed, picking her head off the glass. "Stop murdering my song!"

"Sing along then, hoe!"

For the rest of the song the trio screamed the lyrics on the top of their lungs, annoying everyone in a 2 mile radius.
When they finally reach the party, their spirits had been lifted. Almost forgetting the conversation taken place not too long ago.

Almost.