Chapter 10

This chapter is dedicated to musikdotgames because they are literally amazing and so sweet. Thank you for reading! And to everyone else that has stuck with me for this long!

------

"Okay, um... Favorite color?"

Jade rolled her eyes playfully. "Purple, obviously." She nestled into the pillow she had propped up in her lap. "What about you?"

"Blue," Perrie shrugged, leaning in into her own stack of pillows.

"Blue like your eyes?" Jade asked, falling onto her pillow completely and laying on her stomach, her own eyes gleaming with amusement and curiosity.

The blonde felt herself blush. She always felt a bit uncomfortable when people brought up her eyes. Not because she didn't like the complements, she just didn't know how to respond to them.

"No," She said, her voice an octave higher than usual. "Blue like, blue, ya' know?"

Jade flipped to her back, starring at Perrie upside down. It was the first time that the brunette actually held eye contact with her without automatically breaking it by the next second.

"Your eyes are blue like blue," The tan girl said smoothly, lips turning up in a cheeky little smile, her bruise shadowing the grin.

Perrie rolled her eyes and shoved the girl playfully, a smile ever so present on her face. "You eyes aren't too bad either, Jadey."

"Actually," Jade said, rolling back onto her stomach and bringing her legs up, folding them into a criss-cross position so she was sitting. She took off her charcoal framed glasses and widened her eyes for emphasis. "My eyes are pretty bad. I think out of twenty, my eyes are like, a seven," The brunette finished, twirling the spectacles around her fingers.

The blonde across from her snickered hard, keeping a hand over her mouth.

Jade was smiling brightly. Suddenly, she leaned over to the blonde and gently placed a tan hand over Perrie's pale one. Perrie jolted as she felt some sort of electricity spark between them.

Stupid static electricity. She thought bitterly.

"Don't hide your smile, Pez. It's beautiful." Jade spoke with confidence Perrie wasn't aware she had. She slowly and gently pushed down Perrie's hand.

The blonde felt as if every single blood cell she had rushed up to her face. It didn't help that Jade was staring at her and the two only had a few inches separating them.

Perrie's mind and mouth stopped working. Her jaw was slightly open, as if she was going to say something. But nothing came out. The blonde forced herself to think of something to say, to do anything.

What if I just, close the gap? The impulsive thought sped through the blue eyed girls mind. Fortunately, before she could act upon it, she processed the thought. Perrie blushed even harder (if that was possible) and felt that she might pass out, or at least have a nose bleed. Neither were ideal. The bright red teen swallowed thickly and cleared her throat awkwardly.

"N-next question?"

--

They hadn't reached 20 questions, or maybe they did. They weren't really keeping track anymore, just asking the first question that popped into their heads.