Chapter 12

I'm sorry for the late update!!!

------

Perrie woke up that morning sluggishly and grumbling. She numbly slipped into an outfit she deceived herself into thinking was clean. Shrugging her bag onto her back, Perrie exited the house with a kiss from her mother and a piece of toast dangling from her mouth.

The blonde had caught the bus just before it was about to take off to its next stop. Giving an apologetic smile to the bus driver, Perrie took an unoccupied seat closest to the back, 'cause the back is where the cool kids sit.

Perrie would much rather have Jesy be her ride to and from school, but the brunette claims that the ride would be too much gas money. Perrie thinks that Jesy's just too lazy to get out of her way to pick up her and Leigh-Anne, since she already uses her car for distances that could easily be traveled by foot.

In no time, the bus had picked up Leigh-Anne and Jesy, Leigh-Anne taking the empty spot next to the pale girl (since her stop comes before Jesy's) while the green eyed girl is left to take the seat across from them.

It probably would've been deemed as smart to ask the two if they were free after school right then so they would have time to cancel any plans they might have after school, but Perrie thought that the high probability of miscommunication of speaking on the bus might confuse them. Also, Perrie didn't want one of them (or both) blowing up at her for making a plan so irrationally. So, Perrie kept her mouth closed.

Even after they exited the bus did the blonde keep quiet. If you were to ask her she would have said that she "forgot" but really, Perrie just didn't want to deal with the conformation.

To say that the day moved slowly would be an understatement. The day dragged on, as if time was being carried by a slug.

Although the day was going by painfully slow, Perrie couldn't call it awful. Because her homework was completed and better yet, correct, her teachers decided to lay off the blonde for the day. Her teachers were impressed by the pale teen's exceptional work. Especially Mr. Johnson.

"Alright Miss. Edwards," Mr. Johnson had said, approaching Perrie last out of all the students. "May I see your work?" He sighed. "If you even have it," he mumbled under his breath. Perrie caught onto the last sentence and glared up at the old man from her seat.

Out of the corner of her eye she saw both Jesy and Leigh-Anne send her concerned looks. Perrie hadn't asked either of them for their answers that morning and the two feared that the blonde might've forgotten to. Perrie only smirked in their direction, confusing the two even more.

"Here you go, Mr. Johnson," she said smugly. Most of the class had turned to look at the student and teacher. The blonde was famous for her and the elderly teachers feud.

The tired science teacher grabbed Perrie's book and skimmed through the pages, eyebrows raising. Her shut the book and faced Perrie's smug look.

"Wow," he stated in shock. "Perrie, your work is completed." The statement caused dozens of eyes to widen, this only resulted in the blonde's smirk to grow.

Mr. Johnson shook his head in disbelief. "Not only that, but the questions I've looked at were more or less, correct." Dozens of mouths dropped.

Perrie grinned even wider, waiting for some form of praise from her least favorite teacher.

"Seems a bit suspicious if you ask me," Okay. Not the reaction she was hoping for. The confident look slipped off of the blonde's face and was quickly replaced with an agape jaw and disbelieving eyes.