Chapter 9

Two hours had passed since the Perrie had asked Jade to help her with her homework. In those two hours, the duo had surprisingly gotten a lot done. They would've gotten a lot more done if Perrie would stop getting so distracted.

"Perrie? Pez?" Jade giggled at the blonde's expressionless face. "C'mon we still got some work left,"

Perrie shook her head and focused her gaze on the textbooks spread around her, fighting to keep her blush from being too noticeable.

"Right, right. I'll just, um, look over these notes!" The blonde gave Jade a sheepish smile before snapping her head towards the paper in front of her and burying herself in the college ruled spiral.

She heard the brunette's angelic laugh bless her ears. "Alright. I'll look over your math."

It wasn't Perrie's fault that she kept getting distracted. There was a beautiful girl sitting next to her helping her with her homework. Not just any beautiful girl, this was Jade. Perrie's hormones were sent into overdrive, although she wasn't exactly sure why. She's done homework with tons of pretty people before and she's never really felt like... this, with them.

There were also the small things Jade would constantly do. Like brushing her hand against Perrie's pale one when she reached for an eraser. Or when she'd let her tongue peep through her lips as she worked on a problem. How could Perrie not be distracted? She was a horny teenager sitting next to a person like Jade for goodness sake!

What a tease. The blonde smirked.

"What're you smiling about?" The brunette questioned, chuckling.

The blush that Perrie had just fought down suddenly rose up again with full force. "Uh, n-nothing. I just thought of something funny," She let out an awkward laugh in a sad attempt to make her excuse believable.

Jade gave her a confused, but amused, smile. "If you say so," She shrugged before turning back to the pale teen's worksheet.

The next half hour was spent with Perrie and Jade working on the blonde's homework. Jade would look over Perrie's work and would help her study. The brunette pretty much excelled at all subjects (except for French, Jade's godawful at languages. Thankfully, Perrie's not too shabby in that area) so she was able to tutor her pale friend. And for the first time in her entire life, Perrie actually, fully understood something.

Jade's a pretty good teacher. She thought. She would've said it aloud, but she was barely able to ask the tan girl to pass the eraser without stuttering and breaking out in mad blushes. So Perrie kept the thought to herself, and tried not to stare when the brown eyed girl stretched her arms.

By 5:35 the two had finally completed all of the work Perrie's teachers had assigned her, and had some time to kill since Jade's dad won't be home until 10ish, just like Perrie's mom.

The blonde struggled to stuff all her books and papers into her bag with not much avail. Notebooks and colorful post-it's were jumping out of the already full bag.

"Maybe you should-" Jade cringed at the sound of paper tearing. "Uh, nevermind."

Perrie faced the brunette with a sheepish grin. "I got it closed..."

The brunette giggled and flopped onto her bed. "Whatever you say,"

Perrie scooted towards Jade's head and rested her back on the bed's backboard.

A silence filled the air, but it wasn't an awkward one. In fact, it was kinda comforting.

The two teens relaxed in the still, plain room, neither saying anything. Perrie sat twiddling her thumbs and sparing quick glances at the tan girl laying next to her.

She didn't want to seem boring to the brown eyed girl, at the same time, she wanted to get to know Jade a bit more.

Despite all her brain's warnings not to distrust the peace for a conversation that will probably end in her embarrassing herself, she spoke;
"Hey Jade?"

The brunette's eyes opened abruptly, trailing over to the blonde. Seeing Perrie, the tan girl smiled.

"Yeah Pez?" Perrie smiled at the sound of her nickname. It sounded great coming out Jade's lips, the way it was mixed with her accent.

The pale teen shook her head. She was getting off track.

"Uh, ya' wanna do something?" She clenched her hands together, praying she didn't sound too desperate.

"Sure," Jade shrugged, moving into a sitting position. "What do you have in mind?"

"Uh," Perrie hesitated. Suddenly, she sparked an idea. "Let's play 20 questions!" The blonde smiled proudly.

The brunette giggled at Perrie's grin. "Alright, how do you play?"

"Well, I ask you a question, and then you ask me a question, and we keep going like that till 20,"

"Sounds simple enough," Jade grinned, shifting into a more appropriate position for the game. Brown hair floated down in front of her eyes as she moved. Jade casually brought a hand to move the strands from her field of vision. During the action, her hand accidentally pressed up against her bruise, causing her to wince and for Perrie to go into protective-friend mode.

"Shit, Jade are you okay?" Perrie asked nervously, leaning over to inspect the damage.

Jade smiled softly and a bit awkwardly. "I'm fine, Perrie. Don't worry,"

But Perrie did worry, she worried a lot. With furrowed eyebrows and teeth pressing down on her lip, Perrie grabbed a ripped piece of paper on the floor and a pen she forgot was in her pocket, she ferociously scribbled a series of numbers onto the paper.

"Um, Perrie? What're you-" The brunette was interrupted by a pale hand shoving the paper at her.

"Here," The blonde said, eyebrows creased. "It's my number. If anything happens, you call me, alright?"

Jade looked at her curiously. "But I don't have a phone."

"Do you have a home phone?"

"Yeah, but I'm only allowed to use it in emergencies,"

"Exactly," Perrie thrusted the slightly wrinkled paper into Jade's hands.

The brunette looked over the numbers displayed in sloppy penmanship. She smiled before pocketing the blue ink covered paper.

"Let's start the game, yeah?"

------

sHORT CHAPTER IM SORRY