Chapter 24

Perrie jumped out of bed. Literally. Despite it being break, Perrie had been waking up relatively early, which is incredibly odd since the blonde is known to sleep well into the afternoon. This new change in Perrie was mainly because of her new motive: Jade.
The two teens had agreed on meeting up at around 9:30, so they would be able to spend the upmost time with each other, with Jesy and Leigh-Anne popping in from time to time. Like today for example; Jesy and Leigh would be joining the blonde on her trip to visit the tan teen.

Perrie struggled to force her boot onto her foot. She was beginning to run late causing her to be a bit more fidgety. This was another odd thing. Perrie isn't a punctual person, most people are lucky if she turns up at all. Looking at her phone and seeing the numbers change to 9:34, Perrie began to panic.

Fuck it. She thought as she jumped up with her boot only covering her toes and trudged towards the door.

It was only natural that the pale teen fell two steps after getting up.

Groaning loudly, Perrie decided that walking would be much more effective with her shoe properly on. The blonde spent way too much time putting on her boot than what would be deemed as reasonable.

"Yes!" The pale girl cheered once her foot finally slipped into the shoe.

Standing up, Perrie skipped to the front door, ready to leave. Just as her hand touched the door knob, vibrations and Beyoncé's Smash Into You sounded from the teen's ass pocket. Perrie picked up her phone and saw no name on the caller ID. Something even odder. People don't normally call Perrie (other then her mom), she usually receives texts rather than actual calls. Even when the blonde does get one of those rare calls, they're from her contact list.

Perrie shrugged, knowing that it could just be a telemarketer. Regardless of what it could be, curiosity got the better of her and Perrie pressed the phone against her ear, waiting cautiously for someone to start speaking about selling her subscriptions or something. Instead, she was greeted by heavy breathing. 

"Hello?" She tentatively asked the unknown caller.

"P-Perrie? It's Jade."

Oh shit.

"Jade?" Perrie repeated in disbelief. "Jade, are you okay? W-what's wrong, why are you callin-"

"Perrie, you-" a small pause consisting of the brunette exhaling heavily, "don't come over anymore... Please."

Perrie felt her heart drop to her stomach.

"W-what?" Her voice cracked pitifully. "D-did I do something?" Perrie felt her breathing pick up. "I'm so sorry if I did, Jade, but please don't ban me from coming over, please." She begged, already seeing the tears clog up her vision.

There was a long period of silence and Perrie was starting to wonder if Jade had hung up on her.

"Bye Perrie." The words spilled out of the phone before the call ended abruptly.

Perrie stared at her cell with incredulity and sorrow.

Jade doesn't want me coming over anymore? The blonde asked herself. Wha-what did I do? Was it the homework? But she said she didn't mind... Perrie was beginning to be frantic, tears were free-falling from her eyes and her chest was heaving. What did I do?! She screamed mentally. Why does Jade hate me?!

The frantic girl called the number again only to be sent straight to voicemail after the first beep. The pale teen did this twice more, only to have the same results.

Not knowing what else to do, the blonde sprinted up back to her room, not bothering to kick off the boots she worked so hard in putting on. Flopping back onto her bed, Perrie sobbed into her pillow as her mind shouted irrational and illogical conclusions to her.

--

An hour had passed. Or was it an hour? For all Perrie knew it could've been 2037.

She had cried until she literally couldn't produce anymore tears. Thoughts of why Jade had rejected her from visiting her anymore flew around her head. The only thing keeping her in touch with reality was the constant buzzing and ringing of her phone.

Finally, the noise became too much for Perrie and she picked up the device. On it were many notifications from her two best companions. Deciding to check their texts before calling them back, the blonde pressed into messaging.

Lee-Lee:

Perrie???? It's 9:40 and I haven't seen u outside yet??? R u already at jades or did smth come up?

Ok, fr now... Where r u? I know that ur usually not exactly a punctual person but this is jade. Ur never late for her... What's up?

Jesys here too... R u at home or smth?? Answer Pez!! Did u fall asleep?

Hellooooo????

Perrie??

PERRIE?!?!?! 😡😰

The blonde felt her stomach churn with a guilty feeling of leaving her friends without any notice of her absence.

Jesminda:

Hey pez? Wya Leighs gettin anxious

OK now I'm getting anxious too, where r u?

Perrie? Is everything alright?

Perrie.

If ur not gonna answer our texts at least pick up our calls

Perrie let out a sigh and decided to listen to Jesy's advice and call them back.

However, just before she was able to press onto one of their contacts, a call popped up in her screen with the name 'Lee-Lee' glowing up at her.

Smiling softly to herself, Perrie picked up the call and pressed the device next to her ear.

"Oh so now you answer," Leigh-Anne's voice came through the phone, "what were you doing for the past hour, huh?!"

"I, uh-" the pale teen was cut off by another loud voice from the other end.

"God Leigh!" Jesy shouted from the back. "Stop the pleasantries and just tell her to open the god damn door!"

Perrie scrunched her eyebrows together. "Wha-?"

"Oh by the way," Leigh-Anne started, "we're outside your door and would greatly appreciate it if you could open it."

Letting her feet guide her, Perrie stepped down the stairs and to the door. Upon opening the wooden barricade, she was greeted by the frosty faces of her two best friends.

"Why the fuck."

------

Wow, aren't I terrible at updating on time? Yeah, sorry 'bout that. I'll make it part of my New Years resolution to be a lot more punctual with this 😂 Speaking of New Years, happy New Years! Hopefully 2018 will be filled with a lot more joy!

Love you guys!