Chapter 8

The window is open. The window is fucking open!

Perrie stood frozen after finding the window wasn't locked. Her hand hovered over the ledge with her blue eyes locked on the entrance as she tried to wrap her mind around the situation. Well, to be honest, it wasn't really the situation that the blonde couldn't believe, it was the complete 180 her luck did. Something in the past few days has finally gone right!

The pale girl felt a smile grow on her lips as she mentally praised her success, before reaching down to grab the overflowing book bag and preparing to enter the flat.

Before Perrie could even move the curtains to the side, her conscious just had to butt in.

Isn't this breaking and entering, technically?

She gave herself a minute to think about it before shrugging.

Nothing I haven't done before.

The blonde grinned softly and gripped her backpack strap tighter, about to set foot into the apartment, when yet another thought interrupted her.

Isn't this invading Jade's privacy?

Perrie stopped in her tracks, and gave the idea more thought.

Fuck. This is... The blonde pouted and crossed her arms like a child who didn't get the toy they wanted. She knew that she was acting kinda creepy, being so eager to enter the brunette's room.

But... It's for her safety... I needa make sure that she's okay.

Perrie nodded to herself, a bit shocked she thought of such a good rebuttal to her original idea.

She extended an arm though the opening and brushed back the curtains, surprised to see the room dark, as it was three in the afternoon.

The teen hesitantly walked into the apartment, feeling her heartbeat accelerate with every step she took deeper into the room. Her hand gripped the strap of her bag tighter and tighter with each passing second as she became more aware that anyone can walk in at any moment and see her.

Her blue eyes scanned the room for any sign of her slightly smaller friend. She found nothing out of the ordinary until her eyes locked onto the bed.

There was a lump under the grey covers. The only thing exposed to the cool surrounding air, was a head full of brown hair and a bare foot sticking out from the end of the blanket.

The blonde smiled as she quietly and cautiously tip-toed around the bed to the head poking out.

Perrie felt her heart clench at the sight.

She's so cute! She mentally squealed, swooning over Jade's sleeping face, with her mouth slightly opened, letting out small snores. She looks so relaxed.

The pale girl stood there, marveling the sight of the older Geordie. Damn, wasn't she a creep today? Breaking into somebody's house (again) and then watching them sleep? Perrie was surprised she hasn't received a restraining order from anybody yet.

Ignoring those thoughts, the blue eyed teen set her bag down and brought her hand to the tan girls face, as delicately as she could, brushed back Jade's soft, brown hair, trying to get a better look at the young girls face.

A pale finger hooked around one of the larger strands, pulling back softly, revealing more and more tan skin. The blonde smiled softly as her finger brushed slightly against the brunette's face.

The pale hand jerked away from the sleeping beauty and flew straight over Perrie's mouth in an attempt to try and stifle her gasp. Tears sprouted in the blonde's eyes at the sight of the girl she's gotten close to pass couple of days.