Chapter 3

Perrie left the party early. She couldn't get that damn girl out of her head. Perrie tried everything to distract herself, she even took a shot of Diet Pepsi (she wasn't going to drink underaged. Her mom was home, and she expected Perrie to be completely sober). Jesy took pity on the blonde and drove her home.

After bidding her friend goodbye, Perrie entered her house, careful to not wake her mother. Staggering into her room, Perrie flopped onto her bed face first. All she wanted to do was sleep. But for some reason -as tired as Perrie was- she couldn't seem to lose conscious.

"Fucking hell," Perrie mumbled into her pillow after changing positions for the 14th time.

She sat up and looked over to her phone. Squinting to make out the numbers.

1:03 AM

"What the heck?" Perrie wondered aloud. She groaned and pushed herself off the bed.

At least I don't have to wake up early. She thought, walking towards the bathroom.

Perrie stretched and turned on the faucet. Rubbing water into face, as if she was hoping the water would be able to clear her thoughts.

Raising her head, she made eye contact with her reflection. Her bottom lip was a slightly swollen from being chewed on due to anxiety, a terrible habit she had picked up. She also had an increase in bags under her eyes, probably from staying up so late.

That girl had an awful lot of bags under her eyes...

Realizing that she had thought of the girl again, Perrie put her hands to her face and dragged them down.

"What the fuck."

She shut off the water and walked back to her bed (totally not tripping over a backpack she had cleverly placed in the middle of her room). Flopping onto it, she laid there, looking at her ceiling- which was decorated with glow in the dark stars.

"Why do I keep thinking about her?" The blonde asked the silent abyss of her room.

Perrie's thoughts began to flood her head, answering her question. And giving her some pretty good reasons.

Maybe because you broke into her house.
Perrie cringed at that theory, feeling her face heat up from embarrassment.

Maybe because of that noise from outside the door.

Maybe because she started to freak out even more after that.
Perrie's eyes widened a bit at the realization.

Maybe because she didn't call the police.

Maybe because she dragged you out of her room, like she was actually concerned for you.

Maybe because she seemed more scared of what was behind the door than of the person that climbed through her window.

Maybe because she looks like she hasn't slept properly in months.

Maybe because she looks like she hasn't eaten properly in months.
She closed her eyes, recalling how malnourished the girl looked.

Maybe because she's really pretty.

Perrie's bright blue eyes popped open, shocked that she actually thought that. She saw the girl when she was at the brink of a panic attack for heaven's sake!

Shaking her head, as if she was trying to shake out the thought, Perrie came to a decision.

"I-I'll go see her tomorrow." Perrie declared to the empty room. "First thing in the morning."