Chapter 17

Perrie walked into the room with an awkward smile plastered on her face. She seated herself in her original spot as Leigh-Anne entered with a more exasperated look. As the curly haired girl sat, Jesy decided to start off the conversation light.

"What took you two so long?" She asked. "Off doing the naughty naughty?" She joked, a silly grin spread wide across her face. Out of the corner of Perrie's eye, she could see Jade's jaw tighten, only slightly.

"Good god, Jesy," Leigh-Anne laughed, shaking her head. "Why do always assume the worse?"

"Excuse me?!" Perrie cried out, putting her conflicting thoughts in the back of her mind. "Is fucking me really the worst thing you can do?"

Leigh-Anne snorted. "I suppose actually being in love with you would be even worse," She replied wittily.

The room roared in laughter as Perrie sputtered out an incoherent sentence. The blonde pouted with her lips threatening to turn up at the corners. It took her about 3.4 seconds before she erupted into giggles of her own. Her gaze brushed across the room, taking sight of her friends. Her eyes landed on, obviously, Jade. The brunette was a thing of beauty, it's almost impossible to pass her.

Perrie knew she told herself to push her thoughts away, at least for now, but looking at Jade brought them back full force, and some new ones too.

Why does her laugh sound so... Strained?

Perrie laughter slowly declined as she focused more on the tan girl. The brunette was barking out a laugh that was very unlike her usually giggles, or her rare but adorable silent laughs where her eyes squeeze shut and her mouth opens wide but no sound comes out.

Jade's gaze lands on the blonde and shrinks under her stare. Her brown eyes meet hers and ask; what's wrong?

Perrie shakes her head. It's nothing.

Jade furrows her eyebrows and looks like she wants to say something else but their staring contest gets interrupted by the other two people in the room.

"Hey, not all of are telepathic," Jesy teases, earning a few chuckles from Leigh-Anne.

Perrie rolls her eyes and grabs one of the biscuits off the tray that was still set on the bed. "If you were, you'd hear all the things I think about you that I'm too nice to say out loud,"

Jesy gasped and smacked the pale girls arm. "Rude!"

Soft giggles filled the room before quieting down into a comfortable atmosphere. It wasn't until Leigh-Anne chocked on her tea did the silence break.

"Are you okay?" Perrie managed to get out in between laughs. Jade pat the curly haired teen's back as she tried to regain her composer.

"Perrie, I have homework! We have homework!" She panicked, scrambling for her backpack that she brought with her (which was kind of dumb, since she probably wasn't going to use anything in it at Jade's house).

Perrie and Jesy looked at each other, their eyes widened. All three girls were given a significant amount of homework that day and if they didn't start now they probably wouldn't get it done in time. None of them wanted to leave Jade's house.

"Y-you guys can work here-" Jade piped up."if you'd like, I mean." Jade shied back, already regretting her offer.

"Really?" Leigh-Anne looked up from the folders and papers she had pulled out of her bag. "Are you sure?"

"Y-yeah!" The brunette nodded. "'M positive."

The dark skinned girl sighed in relief. "Thanks Jade,"

"Wait, I left my bag in my car!" Jesy rushed out the window with her keys dangling in her hand, leaving the rest of the girls to laugh at her hurriedness.

Jade left with the tray of crumbs and empty tea cups as Jesy re-entered the room, this time with a sagging bag strung on her shoulders. The three girls had begun working on a variety of work by the time the brunette had come back. Jade situated herself in her original spot at the corner of the bed, blending in with the surrounding area. It wasn't until Jesy gave a frustrated groan and ran her fingers through her hair, obviously stressed.

"I don't understand this fucking problem!" She cried out. "Why do I keep getting this wrong? It checked over it like 5 times!"

"Do you want me to take a look at it?" Jade offered, her voice barely above a whisper.

"By all means, go ahead." Jesy sighed as she pushed her work in front of the petite girl.

Jade had looked over the problem and Jesy's work before finally speaking up again. "Ah! You just forgot to flip the sign over here,"

Jesy peered over her shoulder and darted her eyes across the paper, then smacking her palm to her face.

"I hate myself." She groaned before scribbling down another problem.

A few minutes passed before Jesy called Jade over again.

"What the heck is that?"

"That's sin,"

"What the fuck?"

Perrie really tried to focus on her work, she really did. But focusing on English was really hard when angry flurries kept bursting in her stomach. She stared at the two with a slight, but menacing glare that neither had noticed.  The minute Jade had scooted away from the older brunette after she had gone through a very thorough explanation, the blue eyed girl called her over.

Honestly, Perrie didn't even need Jade's help. English was her subject. But she couldn't bear to see the small Geordie so close to the other two girls.

"Hey Jade?" Perrie asked innocently.

"Yes Pez?" Jade turned around to face the blonde, making her lose her breath for a split second.

"Uh, c-can you help me with this?"

With that, Jade scooted in next to the pale teen and started explaining the basis of a narrative for her. It was a good thing Perrie already knew everything Jade was saying, since it was becoming increasingly hard for Perrie to stay focused on the assignment in front of her with an amazing girl sitting so close to her. Out of the corner of her eye, Perrie saw Leigh-Anne give her a knowing smirk before looking back down at her paper. Perrie felt herself blush hotly.

"Pez? Are you okay?" Jade asked, concern in her eyes.

"Huh?" She snapped up. "Oh yeah, I-I'm fine."

For the rest of the day, it was fair to say that Perrie had hogged Jade for the most part. Leigh, and eventually Jesy, who had inferred what was going on through the looks between the two girls, were giving her implying stares and smirks.

"Is it getting hot in here?" Jade questioned, fanning herself with her hand.

No, it's just you. The blonde thought, biting her lip as she watched the slightly older girl.

"I'm gonna open a window," the brunette said shuffling across the bed.

Perrie didn't think anything of it until she realized what laid just outside the window. Jesy, Leigh-Anne, and Perrie all made panicked eye contact before scrambling to the petite brunette.

"Jade, wait!" Perrie shouted, but she was too late. Jade had already reached the window and there was no way for the three to stop what was coming.

A gasp sounded from the tan girl's lips and Perrie wanted to disappear.

------

Sorry for the late chapter, but I hope it was enough to accommodate you all! By the way, the Reggaetón Lentos Remix music video is coming on the 18!! I'm pissing myself, I'm so excited!

Love you guys!