Chapter 16

A very, very short chapter! Sorry!

------

"Perrie?"

The girl in question completely froze, her blood running cold as she realized her mistake.

She didn't lock the door.

Petrified, her blue eyes trailed up the teen standing in the middle of the doorway with the door wide open, eventually reaching her familiar dark eyes.

Leigh-Anne.

Perrie would've sighed in relief that it wasn't Jade, but she knew that she couldn't relax just yet.

"Perrie?" Leigh-Anne asked again, this time inching forward towards the terrified blonde. "Perrie, w-why are you crying?" The raven haired girl crouched down in front of her. "Do you want me to go get Jade? I-I'll go get Jade."

Get Jade?! That's the worst thing she could possibly do! Perrie panicked.

In a split second, the pale girl had scrambled off the toilet seat and blocked the door before Leigh-Anne had the chance to get out.

"Don't get Jade," Perrie breathed, shutting the door behind her and locking it. "Don't tell Jade about any of this."

"Wait, what?" The curly haired teen stared at Perrie through confused eyes. "Why can't I tell Jade about this? What's going on, Perrie?"

The blonde pressed her back against the sink and slouched.

Might as well tell her, She thought. Here goes everything.

"Leigh-Anne," She started, using the most serious tone the dark eyed girl has ever heard her use. "I love Jade."

Perrie watched Leigh-Anne blink once, and then twice. The hesitation in the dark skinned girl's reaction increased the anxiety in her mind, thinking that Leigh-Anne would be mad at her for liking the poor girl. A few more agonizing seconds passed before Leigh-Anne broke out in a huge grin.

"I knew it!" She laughed. "I fucking knew it!"

The blonde gasped in shock before throwing a hand over the dark skinned girl's mouth. "Fucks sake, Leigh-Anne!" She whispered harshly. "Do you want the whole world to know?!"

Leigh-Anne grabbed Perrie's arm and lowered it away from her mouth.

"Yes," she answered simply, a sly grin present on her face.

Seeing the younger girl's frustration, she toned down her joking manner. "So, when did you realize that you love her? And why were you crying in the bathroom?"

Perrie averted her gaze, ashamed of what she had realized about herself.

"I came to the conclusion just today, back in the room, before I asked to go to the bathroom." She saw Leigh-Anne nodding as she made a comment in how red her face was. Perrie rolled her eyes and continued. "To be honest, I can't remember when I started liking her, it was just now that I finally stopped denying it."

"Well, I get that part." The black haired girl nodded. "But why were you crying in here earlier? Shouldn't you be happy or somethin'?"

Perrie cupped her face in her hands, sighing into them exhaustedly before removing them to face her friend.

"I can't love her, Leigh." Seeing the confused look on the teens face, Perrie began to elaborate. "I'm supposed to be helping her, not making things more complicated by liking her!"

The curly haired girl gave her a pitiful smile and rested a hand on the blonde's shoulder. "You can't help who you love, Pez. And besides, maybe loving Jade will help her. You never know,"

Perrie only shrugged her hand off and sighed. "As if. The poor girl's already in such a tough situation, she doesn't need me worsening it,"

"C'mon, Perrie. I think you're being too hard on yourself," not seeing any reaction from her friend, Leigh-Anne opted to continue. "What if Jade likes you back?"

The pale teen only shook her head before walking towards the door' her hand already on the knob.

"I'll just repress the feelings," she shrugged, sadness burning in her eyes. "They have to go away eventually."

With that, the blonde walked out the door.

Leigh-Anne sighed and shook her head. "What am I gonna do with that girl?" She mumbled before following her out.

------

Again, I'm so sorry for the short chapter! With school and all the extra stuff I have going on after that, it's been really hard to find time to write. This chapter was originally going to be longer, but I really didn't want to rush it. As always, thank you for all the reads, votes, and comments! It really makes me so happy to see that people enjoy my work!

Love you guys!