Chapter 6

Perrie stood outside her house, mentally preparing herself for the encounter she was bound to have with her mum.

Fuck. The blonde thought.

With everything that has happened, it wasn't any surprise that calling her mother and telling her that she would be coming home late completely slipped Perrie's mind.

The pale girl reached for her phone and checked the time.

2:07

"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck," The curses flew out of Perrie's mouth as she thought about the amount times her mum must've called her. She was proven correct when she scrolled through her notifications, a majority of them being from her mother.

The blue eyed teen pocketed her phone and eventually came to the realization that she couldn't just stand outside her house for the entire night. She took a deep breath of the cold, fresh air (probably the last one she'll take for a while), threw her head back, and strutted to the door.

The minute she cracked open door, her strong posture immediately crumbled from the thick and stressed atmosphere. Perrie felt like she was walking into school on the first day of finals.

Cautiously slipping into her home, the blonde tip-toed towards the stairs almost completely silent, holding on to the small hope that her mother had fallen asleep before she realized that her daughter had been out for a few hours too long.

Alas, that wasn't the case for Perrie. Being at the bottom of the stairs gave the pale girl the perfect view of her kitchen which her mum was currently sitting in, soundlessly stirring a mug- probably filled with coffee, and staring at her phone.

The blonde awkwardly shifted, not knowing what to do. Unfortunately, Perrie's gawky shifting caused a creak to moan from the floor. She saw the older woman's head snap up and stare at her with piercing blue eyes. She dropped her spoon into her coffee with an agape jaw. Mrs. Edwards pushed back her chair and sprinted to her daughter.

Oh shit. The teen thought as she braced herself for her mothers scoldings and lectures.

Instead, Perrie was tackled with a bone-crushing hug and endless murmurs sounding from her mum, thanking the lord that her child was finally home.

"Mum?" The teen whispered, gently pulling away from her mothers death grip. "Are you okay?"

"Am I okay?!" The older woman exclaimed in disbelief. "I should be asking you that!" Mrs. Edwards shook her head. "Where were you?"

Perrie pulled at the collar of her shirt uncomfortably and averted her gaze before answering her mom. "Uh, I was at, um, Leigh-Anne's..."

Mrs. Edwards folded her arms, obviously not believing her daughter. "Why didn't you call me then? Do you know how worried I was?"

The blonde felt a pang of guilt hit her stomach. "I-I'm sorry mam. It's just- uh, Leigh had an e-emergency." Perrie mentally cursed her inability to lie well. She was raised too well.

Her mothers crossed face morphed into a one with a bit more concern. "What happened? Is she okay?"

"Um, yeah. She's, uh, fine. She just broke another sandal, haha." The teen forced a large smile on her face, she didn't want to tell her mother about Jade and her situation. Her mum didn't need anymore stress.

Surprisingly, Mrs. Edwards didn't seem to question the lie. Instead she just sighed. "Why didn't you call me? I got you a phone for a reason, Perrie."

The teen winced. "I completely forgot, I'm sorry."

"Why didn't you answer when I called you?"