Chapter 15

Perrie held her breath, each second passing by as if it were an hour.

The question hung in the air like a tombstone, Perrie couldn't even remember who asked it at this point, all she could focus on was the answer Jade about to give.

"I-I..." The brunette's stuttered, her voice wavering.

Perrie was crouched under the window, not even caring that her legs were beginning to cramp up, all her attention being on the tan girl inside.

Silence followed right after Jade's few stutters, putting the blonde in a frustrating case of suspense. She fought the urge to scream, only stopping herself by knowing that she would expose herself if she did. The silence inside was beginning to become unbearable, Perrie wished she could at least see the brunette's expression, anything that would give her sign on whether she liked her or not.

The familiar sound of the brunette's voice broke the quiet once again and everything moved in slow motion, but her mind was going a million thoughts per second.

This is it! The pale teen squealed mentally. I'm finally going to find out if she really likes me or not! I can't believe it's finally happening! Perrie chewed her lip in anxiety, hearing the shorter girls hesitation.

Wait, The blonde zoned out of her obsessive focusing. What am I doing? The question was a slap of reality to Perrie's face. Jade's obviously super uncomfortable with this! The poor girl already has so much shit going on without someone forcing her to admit something she doesn't want to.

The blonde didn't think twice before she stood up abruptly and swung open the window. She was greeted with a red-faced Jade, and two close friends giving her confused looks.

"Heya guys!" Perrie chirped. "Sorry I took so long, Leigh's room isn't exactly the cleanest." She turned swiftly to her two friends. "I couldn't find your Baby Bottle Pop, sorry Leigh." Perrie said as she sent the girls a look saying: I'll explain later.

"So," Perrie plopped down onto the bed the other three were on. "What're we talking about?" She feigned curiosity.

The blonde fought down a smirk as she saw the red in Jade's face get darker and spread farther.

"Uh, nothing!" The brunette chuckled nervously. "Just, ah, school and... Stuff."

Perrie rested her head on the tops of her fists. "Interesting! Anyways, I saw this squirrel outside, right?" The blonde switched the topic swiftly, steering away from any trace of the previous conversation.

Thought the talk, Perrie could see the brunette slowly becoming more and more comfortable again. She could also feel two pairs of eyes boring into the side of her skull, making it increasingly hard to get the aura the original conversation had.

The squirrel conversation died out quickly and it was up to the blonde to think of something before the comfortable feeling she had worked so hard to get, disappeared. Suddenly, a light bulb sparked above Perrie's head. She whipped out her phone and began ferociously typing.

"So I saw this vine the other day," her eyes trailed up to meet the brunette across of her. Seeing her confused expression, the blue eyed girl chuckled softly and decided to elaborate. "It an old app that got deleted, but it was basically just short, funny videos that people would post." Seeing Jade nod, she continued.