Chapter 5

"What happened?"

Perrie didn't even hear the question. Her blue eyes were glossed over and her chest heaved up and down, as if she just ran a marathon. The frantic blonde was still having trouble calming down from the incident that occurred only a few minutes ago. The event kept replaying itself over and over in Perrie's head. The noises echoing through her ears, images flashing across her eyes. The pale girl found herself remembering the look in Jade's eyes. The fear- no, terror in her brown eyes. Thinking about how scared the brunette had been made Perrie feel immensely guilty for getting mad at her. The blonde felt tears threaten to fall as guilt started overtaking her. However, before the any drop could fall out, the pale girl was snapped back into the present by her curly haired friend.

"Perrie?" Leigh-Anne whispered, gently shaking her blonde friends shoulders.

The blue eyed girl didn't say anything. All she did was stare blankly at the dark skinned girl, who, at this point, was completely scared for Perrie's wellbeing.

"Perrie are you okay?" The raven haired girl tried again. Leigh-Anne never seen her friend like this before. The normally bubbly and happy girl was now sitting on her bed looking like she just witnessed a murder.

The blonde clenched her pale, sweaty palms. She tried swallowing the lump in her throat before answering Leigh-Anne.

"No." Perrie answered truthfully, seeing no reason in lying. After all, she did run to over to the dark skinned girls home in some random time at night with no warning beforehand banging on her window like a maniac.

She watched as Leigh-Anne bit her lip and crease her eyebrows. The dark eyed girl grabbed Perrie's sweat clad hands with her own.

As gently as she could possibly say, the curly haired girl asked one more time, "What happened?"

Perrie let out a wheeze of breath before spilling the occurrences that happened in the past hours.

Seeing Leigh-Anne listen to her so intently reminded her of Jade. Usually the raven haired girl had loud outbursts in the middle of someone speaking, or she would accidentally interrupt the speaker with a story of her own. Having Leigh-Anne not even do so much as blink as she listened to every word Perrie had to say gave the blonde déjà vu of the brunette she had saw that day.

Perrie heard her voice crack as she talked about the sounds coming from inside the building. It wasn't the noises itself that scared the blonde, no. It was what the noises probably were- what the racket sounding from inside the walls came from. The thought of Jade in danger scared her on the night she barged into the brunette's room. Knowing the near sighted girl better just increased her concern for the wellbeing of the tan girl.

Leigh-Anne noticed Perrie beginning to hyperventilate and brushed her thumb over the blue eyed girls hands in an attempt to smooth her.

The calming act worked and the frantic girl finally got her breathing going at a regular pace. However, the poor blonde was still pretty emotional. Thankfully, there wasn't much left of the story to tell and Perrie was able to finish it without getting too worked up.

Once the pale girls summary came to an end, she closed her eyes and sighed.

Distraught by her friends story about her neighbor and her depressed mood, Leigh-Anne decided that it would be best to surround the area with a lighter feeling.