Part 20

"So, the kids are gone for 8 hours." Eva said as the bus for camp pulled away. "What do you say we go home and have a repeat of last night?" She grinned over at Liam.

He put the car in gear and started to drive. "Heck no."

"What?" Eva asked. "You don't want me? I...I..."

Liam turned to look at her. "I want to spend time with you. This is not just about sex with me. Complicated dating, right? We are going to breakfast. Then, for a walk on the boardwalk. Maybe a movie. Then, if I'm on the mood, sex."

Eva grinned. "Really? I think I can get you in the mood." she said. "But, I'm hungry, so we will go with your plan."

"I want pancakes and hash browns and eggs. So, you have to get pancakes, that way I get a to have both." Eva said, setting down her menu. She looked up at Liam, smiling. He looked confused. "What?" she asked.

"Why do I get pancakes? Why do you get to eat them?" Liam asked.

Eva sighed. "Well, pancakes are fattening, so if you eat most of them, I won't get the calories, but I'll still get to have some. I'll share back, I promise." She sighed again. "It's okay. Harry never shared either. I'll just get eggs." She made eye contact with the waitress and she walked over, writing down Eva's order. Then she turned to Liam.

"I'll have the same." Liam said. "And an order of pancakes, two forks." He looked up at Eva, smiling as shock and surprise moved across her face. "What? I agree, pancakes are fattening. So, we share a whole order."

Eva reached for his hand. "How do you always seem to know just the right things to say? How do you always know just what to do?"

Liam rubbed his thumb over the back of her hand. "I don't. We just want the same things. We belong together. We just met at the wrong time. But, I have faith that this will all work out like it's supposed to."

"You do?"

Liam nodded. "I love you. I want you. I want to wake up to you every morning. I want to go bed with you every night. I want to fold laundry together on Sunday afternoons. I want to dust the stairs on a Saturday morning. I want to fight in the grocery store over what kind of milk to get. You are the person I've been looking for, Evie. You."

Eva wiped away a tear that was trying to form in her eye. "How do we make that happen, Liam?"

"All the best things take a little time, Evie. Let things work themselves out. Sophia will let me go if I keep pressing. Harry knows you are unhappy. He will let you go, too. Let things work out, okay?"

Eva nodded. "I trust you. I will."

Liam took her for a walk along the river, holding her hand and talking. Talking to Liam was easy. She didn't feel uncomfortable, awkward. The silences weren't uncomfortable. They stopped by the farmers market that popped up ever Tuesday and Thursday and bought perfectly ripe, red strawberries, eating them on a bench watching the freighters go down the river and into the lake. "This town is beautiful." Liam said. Eva nodded. "You've always lived here?"

"My whole life." Eva said. "I've never found anywhere I liked better."

Liam nodded. "Me, either. Here." He held up another strawberry. She leaned forward and took a bite. Smiling, she watched as he finished the rest of the strawberry, dropped the hull in carton and sighed. "Who knew happiness was strawberries and a quiet afternoon."

They didn't make it to the movie. Once they were in the van, Eva pulled Liam into a kiss and begged him to take her to bed. He hurried to his house, parked the car and pulled her into her own house. Eva raced up the stairs, Liam close on her heals. She walked into her own bedroom, pulling off her shirt and throwing it at Liam. He caught it, grinned at her and tossed it over his shoulder. Lunging at her, he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her close. "I want to make love to you." Liam whispered in her ear.

"Then do it." she breathed. Her hands went under his shirt, pulling it off, rubbing her hands through his chest hair. She kissed his neck, listening to him moan, as she unbuttoned his jeans. He stepped out of them, sweeping one arm under her knees and the other behind her back, lifting her and carrying her to the bed. Liam dropped her on the bed, grabbed the bottom of her shorts and pulled them off in one swift move. She laughed, grabbed his hand and pulled him down. "Kiss me." she said and Liam lips found hers, kissing her deeply, over and over. He moved down her body, kissing every part until she was begging for more.

"Come here." he said, pulling her up. He sat her in his lap, asking her to lift her hips so he could enter her. She sunk down onto him, groaning in pleasure. She rocked her hips, feeling him slide in and out of her, loving the feeling of his hands on her hips and bottom encouraging her to move faster. "I'm going to lay back." he said. "It will let more of me into you." He laid back, keeping his hands on her hips. She moved up and down, panting as the pleasure began to build. Liam moved one hand to touch her in place that could send her soaring. Eva lost control, her body going into a spasm. Liam sat back up, wrapped his arms around her and flipped her onto her back. He reentered her, thrusting forward with a grunt, putting his hand back onto her throbbing womanhood. Eva had lost total control of her body, wailing with pleasure.

"I'm coming, Liam. Oh, god!" she screamed.

Liam let himself go, his hot juices spurting inside of her. He laid himself on her, wrapping his arms around her, burying his face in her neck. "I love you, Evie. I love you."

Eva couldn't speak, she could only wrap her arms around his neck and rest her head on his, hoping he knew that she loved him back, more than she ever thought it was possible to love another person.

Bonus points for spotting the song lyrics - Eva