Part 21

After swim lessons on Friday, Liam and Eva drove home, laughing and making plans for the rest of the day. As they stopped at the last stop sign before the turn off for the house, Liam leaned over and whispered, "I'm going to take you from behind tonight while I massage your breasts and I won't stop until you scream my name, twice." A shutter ran up her spine, envisioning the scene in her mind. She turned slightly, brushing her lips against his cheek. His lips formed a slight smile as he turned back to the road, making the last turn and pulling into his driveway.

"Oh, crap." Eva said, looking at her own driveway. "Harry is home. Why is Harry home?" She leaped out of the car, helped Arden out and swooped him up, racing into her own house. "Harry?" she called, walking though the garage and into the kitchen.

"Eva?" Harry said, walking into the kitchen. "Swim Class?" he asked. She nodded and set Arden down, telling him to change into dry clothes. "So, let's take out the boat. Just the three of us. You and I need to talk, spend some time together. Arden loves the boat. All you need to do is pack food. I'll pack Arden. You and I have clothes on the boat. We will just go to the island. Two days. Say yes."

"Yes?" Eva said.

Harry grabbed her shoulders, pulled her forward and kissed her. "Great. I'll go help Arden pack." He turned and followed Arden, calling at him to find his duffle bag.

Eva leaned against the counter, trying to breath. She was going to be leaving Liam. She was going to have to spend time with Harry. She couldn't even look him the eye, let alone sleep in the same bed with him. Turning to the fridge, she pulled open the door and starting putting food on the counter. Apples, grapes, strawberries. Strawberries. She set them down and ran out the patio door.

Liam was on his back porch, staring at her house. She stood on the patio, staring at him. "Liam..." she said.

"I heard...the window...it's fine. It's fine."

Eva shook her head. "It's not...It's not..."

Liam walked down the steps, crossed the grass and went up the steps to her patio. He placed his hands on her shoulders. "It fine." he said, looking into her eyes. "Go pack." Liam turned and walked back to his own house. He opened the door to his house and walked in just as Jamie ran out.

"Hi, Eva! Hi! Arden and I are going to play robbers. Can I go get him?" Jamie shouted. He didn't even wait for an answer, running into the house. Eva turned and walked back into the kitchen. She went back to the counter and finished picking out fruit. Harry came into the room as was putting the food into bags.

"Do you think the Payne's will let Jamie come with us? That way Arden will have someone to play with and we can talk. I'll go ask. Okay? Is that okay?" he asked. Eva nodded, afraid to speak. Harry smiled at her and walked out the door. Eva turned and sank down on the kitchen floor, trying to breath.

Harry walked up to the front door of the Payne's house and rang the bell. Liam opened the door, a confused smile on his face. "Hi?" he said.

"Hey." Harry said, holding out his hand. "Harry, remember? Eva's husband. Thanks for helping my wife out with lessons and stuff this summer. She speaks highly of you and your children."

"Thanks?"

"Ya, anyhow, Jamie, he's at our house and we are going out on the boat for a few days. He'd like to go. We will take great care of him, I promise. We aren't going far. It's only about an hour ride and we will spend most of the time on dry land, just sleeping on the boat. We go to Harsen's Island? Eva's family has a tiny cabin there. Nobody ever uses it, except us. What do you say? I know you don't know us that well, but you and Eva seem like good friends. Arden would love it."

Liam nodded. "Sure. I think that would be okay. He's pretty comfortable with Eva. You'll be back Sunday?" Harry nodded. "What should I pack?"

Harry gave him a quick rundown of what he would need and the plans for the weekend. Once Liam was sure he knew everything that was going to happen, he shook Harry's hand and went to pack for Jamie. He also took a deep breath, not realizing he'd been holding it. He was sure that Harry was going to see the panic in his eyes or the betrayal on his face. Harry must truly trust Eva. Either that, or he really didn't know how much time he and Eva spent together. He seemed to not understand the state of his marriage. Of course, he wasn't home much. Liam barely saw him. They only day Liam never saw Eva was on Sundays. Harry was completely in the dark. He had no idea that that he'd been replaced.

Liam: It's okay. I know you are somewhere in a panic. It's okay.

Eva grabbed her phone off the counter. She read Liam's text and sighed deeply.

Eva: Thank you. Thank you. I don't want to go

Liam: You are his wife. You have to go.

Eva: I don't want to be HIS wife.

Liam: but you are.