Part 36

All to soon, it was Saturday. It was raining out and miserable. Holding her breath, Eva sent Harry at text.

Eva: Thinking of leaving early. It's raining.

Harry: Great! I missed you.

Eva: Are you home to help me with the cooler? It's mostly empty, but I'll still manage to drop it.

Harry: I'm at work until about 6. Leave it. I'll bring it in when I get there."

Eva: Thanks.

Eva looked up at Liam. "He's not home. Let's move. Everyone, operation 'Pack and Clean' is a go. We have one hour, I repeat, one hour to get this place ready to go!" She pointed Liam to Ava's room and she headed into the boys, sorting and packing. Once they were packed, she put their bags by the door and moved to her own room. Liam was already there, packing his own clothes.

"This isn't mine, but it is my color, so..." He held up one of Eva's bra's.

She snatched it away from him. "What am I going to do without you?"

"I'll be right next door."

Eva sighed. "Too far."

Liam sat down on the bed and took her with him. "It will be fine. This trip showed us how good we are together. I am so ready to be away from Sophia and I've got a Private Investigator watching her. If she messes with me or you, she's going to be ruined. He's caught her more than once leaving the hospital while she's supposed to be working. She's leaving to go have sex. He's got pictures of her drinking when she's on the clock. I'm going to get everything I want, the kids and half of the house. This will all work out, Eva. All of it. My plan worked. We just need you to leave Harry. It doesn't matter what you promised."

"It does. It really does."

Liam shook his head and started to pack again.

"Don't be angry."

"I'm not. I'm just worried. He's going to hurt you." Liam looked at her, pleading with his eyes. "I know we keep saying we don't car if we get caught, but he will lose it, Eva. He will. Just the thought made him hit you. When he finds out it's true? What is going to happen?"

Eva walked over and put her arms around his waist. "Don't worry. Just think about what a great time we had, okay? Last night was just amazing."

"I remember." he smiled. Last night had been the dance at the lodge and the kids had begged to go to child watch. Eva was worried at first but Liam had talked her into it, pointing out that only people who had the same number as the kids could pick them up. They had been stamped with a 49 and so had all three kids. "See, only people with a 49 can get our kids. Super safe." he had laughed.

"Ya, 49 written in Sharpie."

"Hey, now." he said. "It was a stamp. Give credit to these people. It's ingenious."  He had a grin on his face and a twinkle in his eye. "Nobody is going to pick our kids up. They are safe. Let's go see what a campground dance is like."

"I told you, It's like a weird prom. I went in last year. Or maybe a wedding reception? Come on." The campground had shuttles running all over the taking people to and from the dance. Nobody was allowed to drive. The campground was full of people over indulging in drinks and the fear of drunk driving with people walking around was real. They couldn't stop people from drinking, but the did ban driving from the time the dance started until the next morning at 6am.

They hopped on a shuttle and rode over to the other lodge. Music was pouring out the door. It was loud, obnoxious dance music. Inside, there were small tables set around the center  dance floor and it was flooded with teenagers. They watched as the song changed to an old fashion, slow number. All of the teenagers left, going to stand outside in groups, while the adults all moved onto the floor. "Is this it?"