Part 34

"Liam!" Eva shot up, out of a deep sleep. Liam had worn her out, making sure she was completely satisfied before letting her fall asleep.

He rolled over mumbling, "What? I can't do anymore. I just can't."

"Sunday, Liam! We are supposed to go home on Sunday!"

Liam opened his eyes. "I know. And?"

"Harry is home on Sunday! I am so stupid. I just planned everything like I normally do. I didn't even think!"

Liam pulled her down, resting her head on his chest. "So, we go home Saturday. I'm sure he'll go to work if you and Arden aren't there. No big deal. We lose 30 bucks. Who cares?" He kissed the top of her head. "And I don't care if we get caught anymore. It's just sooner than you can be with me. I don't know why you feel like you need to stay until his specialist appointment."

"Because I promised. I promised. I'm still his wife. We've been together for 10 years. There was a time I loved him so much. He's Arden's father. I owe him this. It's not his fault I never told him how unhappy I was. If I'd have said something, who know what would have happened? I mean, is it easy leaving Sophia?"

Liam didn't speak. He just sighed and ran his hand over her hair. "Okay. Okay. I get it. How are things going with buying the house?"

"I've applied. Now, I wait. But, my Dad has already been stripping wallpaper and painting. He likes to do that kind of thing." she laughed.

"Me, too. I'd love to help."

Eva just smiled and buried herself into his chest, feeling ready to go back to sleep. Moments later, she heard a sight snore leave Liam's mouth. Almost completely happy, she fell asleep.

Eva declared the next day a beach day. She made sandwiches, grabbed drinks and packed the cooler. Liam grabbed towels, sunscreen and towels. "I wondered why the wagon was in the van." Liam said. He pulled it out of the back and started to pack it. Eva reached around him, pulling out what looked like a tent and dropped it on the wagon. "Okay, troops, move out." Liam said. The kids all fell in line, walking down the road Liam in the lead, Eva in the back. She took a picture, wishing she could share it on facebook.

Harry: Did you make it ok? You didn't text me.

Eva: Sorry. Yes. We are fine. Headed to the beach.

Harry: Send me a picture of Arden?

Once they got to the beach, she made Arden pose, sitting in the sand and send it to Harry.

Harry: He looks adorable. I wish I was there.

Eva: You could have been.

Harry: I know. I'm an asshole. I'm just not a camping guy.

Eva: This isn't camping.

Harry: Your entire family and one bathroom? Camping. Plus, your nieces are a walking tornado. And your brother in law? Brags over and over about how much money he makes. It's rude. And your sister? You'd think her entire life was amazing. How do you put up with them?

Eva: They are my family.

"Who are you talking to?" Liam asked. "I need your help. What is this?" He held up the tent.

"Beach tent and Harry." Eva dropped her phone into the wagon and grabbed the sunscreen. Arden had already run off without it. "I'm going to spray the kids. Try to get a spot near the lifeguard and water." She pointed to where she wanted him to set up then chased Arden to the water. Liam wolf whistled at her as she moved away. She turned back and smiled at him, shaking her hips.