Part 35

"Liam?" Eva sat up in bed. Liam wasn't there. It was 8am and she knew that the kids were either already up or about to be up. She stood up, pulled on her pajamas and walked out of the bedroom. Liam wasn't in the living area. She walked to the bedroom he was supposed to be sharing with Ava. She slid the door open. Ava was in the middle of the bed, alone. He wouldn't be in with the boys and she could hear them moving around. She shrugged her shoulders and went back into the kitchen to start breakfast.

The boys appeared, tousled headed and sleepy as she was putting the last of the toast in the toaster. She sat them at the table with eggs and juice as Liam came into the cabin. He was sweaty and breathing heavy. "Hey." he said. "Went for a run. Sorry." He walked over and kissed her cheek and headed into the bathroom. Eva's heart burst thinking about how this was what she had always wanted, what Harry never gave her. A bunch of kids to feed and a handsome husband who loved her, couldn't get enough of her, wanted to be around her. They were going to play putt putt golf today, then have lunch at the snack bar before letting the kids play on the playground. She knew that Liam wouldn't complain about waiting for the kids to golf. He wouldn't be angry when the line at the snack bar went out the door. When the kids were on the playground and asked for a push on the swings he wouldn't say he was too tired. Then, they'd walk back, holding hands, and he'd help her make dinner, bathe the kids and help her get them to bed. When they were asleep, he'd make love to her again. And all of that would make her happier than she'd been in years. "Hey, Evie?" Liam called from the bathroom. "Come here for a second?"

She walked over to the door and pushed it open. "Yep?"

He reached out and grabbed her, pulling her into the bathroom. "Just wanted a real good-morning kiss." he said, bending down to give her a long, hard kiss. "I'm good now." he said, winking. She grinned at him and turned to walk out. He gave her a quick smack on her butt, making her jump and looked back at him. He shrugged. "Couldn't help it. You are super sexy." She just laughed and walked out, hearing Ava asking for toast. At that moment, her life was perfect.

The next night was the 4th of July fireworks show and they watched from the comfort of their campsite. Liam and Eva sat in the wooden lawn chair, holding hands, while all of the children rolled around in the grass, giggling. Eva couldn't help it, she kept looking over at Liam and smiling. "What?" he finally said.

"I'm just so happy, Liam." she answered. " This is what I always wanted."

He smiled. "Well, I'm glad I can give it to you." He leaned in and kissed her gently. "I think his might be normal. We just don't know it."

She laughed. "No. If we were married, we'd fight. Even my parents fight. Maybe we should have a fight, to practice?"

"Naw, we'll just let it happen naturally." he said. "It will be a nice surprise."

Eva didn't need to wait long for that surprise. The next night, Eva convinced Liam to go to a drive-in movie with the kids. She drove there, paid for the tickets and explained to the kids that they were going to watch a movie in the car. Liam told her to turn off the car. She grabbed the speakers and hooked one on each side of the car. "Okay, I'm going to get snacks. Who's coming?" Liam said.

"Me, Daddy!" Ava screamed.

Liam opened the door and said, "Okay! "Let's go, princess." Then he looked at Eva. "Anything special?" She shook her head, just happy to be with him.

While he was gone, Eva decided she was hot. The whole day had been beyond hot and she didn't like to sweat. She clicked the key back to the 'on' position to make the air come on and turned it low, making the car comfortable. Happy, she sat back and relaxed.

Liam returned with drinks, popcorn and candy. The boys settled into the back seats and Ava sat in Liam's lap. They spent two hours laughing at a silly kid's movie, all three children loving the idea of watching a movie in their car. "Next time, we will have to bring chairs and sit out on the grass!" Eva said. "If it's not so hot."