CHAPTER 5

At the Maheshwaris side

In the night at the dinner table

Sanskar, RP and Sujatha were sitting and having their dinner

(RP) "So where is Uttara today?"

(Sanskar) "She has gone out with Rajat. I believe Uttara wanted to go for some movie, so she dragged Rajat along."

(RP) "Again?? No wonder lately both Rajat and Uttara are missing work. I guess I have to be a little strict with them."

(Sanskar) "Dad I know I am going to defend Rajat, but it is not his fault entirely. It's always Uttara who wants to go out and have fun. She says that she wants to enjoy her engaged life. "

(Sujatha) "Why are you both having so much of a problem? Let my daughter enjoy her life. As said this is her time to enjoy, else after marriage (looking towards RP) the life becomes boring."

(RP) "Let's not start the matter about our marriage life here; I have given you and the kids all the freedom they want. I never have interfered in any of your lives. But what Uttara is making Rajat do is wrong. Rajat must be given freedom for what he wants; he just can't always do what Uttara wants. I have known Rajat since young and I know his nature too. He is a little conservative and he loves his work. Rajat is a very sweet and caring guy that doesn't mean Uttara has to take advantage of him everytime. I know he likes going around but I am certainly sure he doesn't wants to miss his work. Lately seeing Rajat's body language, I hope he doesn't back off from this marriage."

(Sujatha) "Why would he back off. Uttara is a good girl. Just because she is asking for something, doesn't make a big difference at all. "

(Sanskar) "Mom, but what dad says is right. She is going way too much out of hand. She is treating Rajat like garbage. He always waits for her for an hour or more just because she is busy chit chatting with someone else on her phone. She always does that. I myself have witnessed it more than two times. This is really wrong. Just because he is Rajat, he is taking all her tantrums and fulfilling it patiently. If there would have been some other guy in place of him, he would have called off the engagement."

(Sujatha) "So what are you trying to imply Sanskar, you want me to cut her wings off?"

(Sanskar) "Mom, I am not saying to cut her wings. I am just saying you to explain her all this, so that she can lead a very happy life."'

(RP's POV) RP was just looking at how wife is being so ignorant and she is least bothered about this entire topic. I think I should step forward and talk to Uttara myself.

(Sujatha) "You both Father and Son duo, stop all this. I am not going to tell her anything. She is an adult and she will understand herself. She knows the difference between the right and the wrong. So please let her do what she wants and do not interfere in her matter."