Chapter 2

Your POV

I woke up in a room covered in shadows. A single light hung from the ceiling, but didn't provide much light. I saw the door leading out, and slowly stood. Making my way towards it, my hand shakily stretched out to the handle. As if on cue, it swung open. A powerful blast of something black shot out towards me, knocking me back. 

Groaning, I push myself back up to a sitting position. Someone loomed over me, but it was to dark to see his face. He crouched down to my height, grabbing my chin. I stiffen when I see his face. Grey and long with golden eyes, his scowl screamed bad news for me. The man from the street tilted my face every way possible, like he was looking for something. 

"I don't get it. There is nothing abnormal about you, girl. Tell me, why do you still believe in me?" he questions, letting go of my chin. Immediately, I push myself into a corner and cover my face. 

"W-What do you want? Who are you" I whisper, peeking through my arms at him. He stands with what seems like black sand hovering around his figure. 

He chuckles, gazing at me. "Why, I am Pitch Black." 

My mind goes back to all the mythological books I've read, about the Guardians. There was something I hazily  [A/N: I'm pretty sure that means "barely"] remembered about Pitch Black. That he was an enemy, that he nearly made all the children not believe in Santa. But there was something else.

"But... the Guardians defeated you... you aren't real anymore!" His eyes darkened, and he started to growl. Pitch's left hand extended in front of him, and a blast of black sand shot out, tackling me to the ground. 

Opening my eyes, a black wolf with golden eyes glowered above me. My breath hitched and I could no longer find my breath. Its deep eyes bore into my wide eyes. 

"Is this not real? Does it seem like I was 'defeated?'" He yelled, growling behind the wolf. The wolf bared its teeth and lowered its head towards my neck. I whimper, squeezing my eyes shut. Suddenly, the wolf's breath is torn from my neck, and I hear a whimper and thud. I still decide not to open my eyes. The air suddenly grows colder.

"No!! You people again!" I heard Pitch mutter. I hear the fluttering of something - wings? I open my right eye slightly.

I see 5 more people, all strange in their own way. The tallest, largest, man with a beard in a long, red fur coat. Long black pants fall to the ground, and he wears a knitted red and black sweater. A black fur hat tops his white hair. His arms are covered in tattoos, 'Naughty' and 'Nice'. He had two... machetes out.

Another is really short- a small, plump male floating on a yellow cloud. He wore a something yellow that wrapped around his entire body. His spiky yellow hair brought out his deep brown, friendly eyes. Yellow sand floated gently around his waist.

A woman this time, covered in what seemed like feathers of multiple colors. A tail of feathers sprouted from her back, along with colorful wings. She chased Pitch out of the room, and I could tell she was filled with energy. 

Looking to my left, a tall, furry... kangaroo?? Stood over the dissolving wolf. He held two boomerangs. He- at least, I think it's a he- was looking down at me. He stood on his hind legs. 

Finally,  I saw a young boy with beautiful white hair. He wore a dark blue hood, dusted with the print of snowflakes. Brown pants stopped mid-calf, and he had no shoes on. That's.... different. He had a long, wooden staff positioned on his shoulder. He turned towards me, revealing bright, icy blue eyes. Oh, god, he's beautiful...

Wait, WHAT?!

"Oi, mate? You didn't pass out, did you?" the kangaroo asks, with an Australian accent, looking down at me. Just then did I realize I was still lying on the ground. I immediately sat up, and stared at him.

"My god the kangaroo just talked."

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the white-haired boy fall over, he was laughing so hard. The little yellow guy rolled his eyes. Meanwhile, the kangaroo was hitting his head against the wall.

"Ugh... does nobody see the ears or tail? At all?" he grumbles. I looked up at his head, and there they were. Rabbit ears. How had I not noticed them before?

"I like her already!" the white-haired boy said, standing, but still laughing. 

Just then does the fairy woman fly into the room again. "Pitch got away." she says.

"Well, we still saved her, so that's good enough." the boy announces, floating mid-air. 

Everyone stood in an awkward silence. Of course, I broke it.

"Uh... so..." I mumble, now standing. I brush some black sand off my clothes. 

"Oh, yeah. We'll take you back home now." the man in the red coat says, with a happy, Russian accent. 

My thoughts go back to my house, and to this morning. Eventually, they lead back to Jake, and I look at the ground. 

"Ok."

Everyone turned towards the white-haired boy. 

"What?" he asks. They all look at him for another second. "I have to carry her, don't I?" 

They all nod. 

He sighs, and picks me up, bridal style. When his hands touch me, they feel like they've been stuck in a freezer for five hours. I nearly cringe and the coldness. 

"Hold on." he tells me, and I do. Everyone finds their own way of leaving, and the boy suddenly takes off down the halls. Soon, we see the starry night sky. Somehow, he shoots up into the air, and I scream.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?" I yell at him. When he sees the fear in my eyes, he knows.

"You're scared of heights, aren't you." He asks, in more of a statement. I nod wildly, and he slowly spirals back to the ground. He sets me down, tapping twice on the ground. A wide gap opens, exposing a tunnel system. He jumps into it, and looks around.

"BUNNY? YOU THERE?" He yells through the tunnels. In a blur of brown and white, the human-sized rabbit, (I'm assuming his name is Bunny now), crashes into him, and they both fall down. 

"Jeez, lay of the carrots! You weigh a ton!" the boy says from under Bunny, who is temporarily crushing him under his weight. I just kind of stare down at them. 

"You should try putting on some weight, you look like a stick!" Bunny yells back after hopping off of him. The boy stands up, and glares at Bunny.

"Yeah... no offense, but you do kinda look like a stick." I say, looking down at them. Bunny looks up at me.

"What's she doing 'ere?" Bunny asks.

"She's afraid of heights. You're the only one that stays on the ground. Er, underground, I mean."

Bunny grumbles something under his breath, and reluctantly nods. The boy flies up, and brings be down into the tunnel. Wait, why is there a tunnel here? Must be an old travel system. He kneels, facing away from me. 

"Get on."

"What?"

"Get on my back. I'm to fast for you to keep up." 

Oh. 

I awkwardly jump onto his back, and he starts hopping down the tunnels. 

Author's Note:

Sooooo

Did you like it? Hope so :)  

I try my best to put in some humor. I'm not that good at it, though. Anyways, see you later!

-Angel