Chapter 19

Hoodie guy and I stared at the Guardians, after watching them faint. He glanced at me.

"Um, is this normal for them?"

"For Tooth, yes. For the others? No." I reply simply. "And I thought you never talked?"

He shook his head. "Only when needed."

I nodded. "Give them a second, they'll wake up soon." As if on cue, they all started popping back up, one by one. 

"What happened? Why are we on the floor?" Tooth asks, confused.

"You all fainted."

"Pfft. Sure we did." Bunny says sarcastically.

"You did, actually." Hoodie guy said. They all stared at him in shock. Something told me it wasn't about them fainting, though.

"M...Mim?" Jack whispered, with furrowed eyebrows. 

"It's you." Tooth says softly.

"Man in Moon." North can only say that, still in shock.

"I can't believe it. You're really here." Bunny adds. 

Mim nods, and smiles slightly. "Hello."

Jack pointed at Mim with both hands, squinting. "You are really here, right?" Jack started poking him, just to make sure.

"Yes, Jack. Now, please, stop poking me." Mim says, looking at Jack. Jack backed off, and sat next to me. 

"Dude, where have you been? It's been like over 400 years since I even heard from you!" Jack complained.

"400 years? Dude, for all I know, you -my boyfriend- could be my great-great-great-great-great-great grandpa!" I nudge Jack playfully, and he scowls at me. 

"I do not have a explanation for the past centuries, but for the last decade, I've been raising Y/N."

Now it was my turn to pass out. 

-- Jack's POV --

I caught Y/N from falling off the couch, and put her down on the couch. "I don't get it."

"Give it a second to process." Mim says.

The others slowly realized what he meant, but I was still clueless. 

"Wait..." Bunny starts.

"You're..." Tooth continues.

"Her..." North adds.

Sandy makes a symbol above his head, and Tooth deciphers it. "Sandy says 'Father?!'"

When Mim starts to nod, I start to freak out. The others start bombarding him with questions, mostly from Tooth, and I start sneaking away. 

"Jack, come back. It is perfectly fine with me that you are dating my daughter." Mim says above Tooth, Sandy, Bunny, and North. I instantly turn back around.

"Oh, thank god." I whisper, and he continues. "I would still be fine if you were to be engaged."

And with that, I trip on the rug and faceplant. I heard Tooth start squealing, along with her little fairies. I'm 99% Baby Tooth is part of that. I reluctantly push myself back up to the couch.

"I'm pretty sure that she isn't old enough to be engaged, or married." I say nervously, looking at Y/N, who is still passed out.

"Techincally, the legal age to be married starts at 18, for most states, and Y/N is older than 18." Tooth points out. 

Seriously, Tooth.

Please. Stop.

Thankfully, I was saved from this awkward conversation. 

"I LIIIIVEEEE." Y/N yelled, dragging it out, slowly sitting up on the couch. We all just look at her, confused.

"Wait, is that from Mulan?" I ask.

"...Maybe." Y/N answers, then turned to Mim. "What do you mean, you raised me?" 

"I raised you until you were six years old. I remember the last time I saw you, still. You were cosplaying as your favorite character, and bugging your mother to turn the radio on."

"....EH?!"

All of the Guardians were grinning like idiots, but I was just plain confused. 

"How did you know that? I never told anyone that."

"You did not have to tell me, since I was there." 

My brain put itself to work, trying to understand. How was Mim there? Wait...

"Don't tell me... you're my father? Wait, was I adopted?"

"Erm, no. And yes, I am your father."

"How? Y-You don't look anything like him, and both of my parents..." I stopped myself, not wanting to say the word.

"Oh, um." He signaled for a few seconds, and went up to a window, and put his hand over the reflection of the moon. He passed his hand in front of his face, then turned around. His entire face had changed- changed into the face of my dad. Hair, shape, everything was the same as his.

My mouth hung open like a fish, and Jack softly closed it. 

"I- Wha- But- J- Yo-I d- N-Y-EH?!'" 

Self-five for that intelligent comment. 

"How?"

"The moon. Well, the moon's light."

"Yeah, I got that. I meant ,how are you alive?" 

"Well, it is hard to end a life that has previously ended..." 

"And how 'previous' was this?"

"Um, a few... billion... years ago." Mim- I mean my father said nervously.

"Dang, you are old."

"Mm."

"Oh, and also..." I picked up a pillow and chucked it at him, which he dodged. "Ever thought about telling me all this before now?" 

"Of course, I did! Nearly every second since the accident I have been thinking it. I-I just never had the strength. I felt that if I showed up suddenly, something would go wrong."

"And how is then different than now?"

"Well, you are older now. I think you could understand more than you would before. Plus, you befriended the Guardians, so it should make more sense now that you know about them."

"Hmm... well, that makes sense. Now c'mere so I can hug you!"

Author's Note:

Hey readers. Sorry I haven't updated in a couple days, I just haven't had the time or ideas to write this chapter.  I already knew what was going to happen, I just didn't know how to write it. Anyways, I am going out of town for a while, 5 days or more, so I probably won't update, though I might me able to work on the next chapter a little. Sorry for the long waits!

-Angel