Chapter 9

I hop and hum along to Lindsey Stirling's Master of Tides music while doing the dishes. [ I swear this is a promo, but here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlTspWZOIdA ] Not to mention, I'm wearing my F/C blanket as a cape again.  I heard Jack laugh, and then noticed him standing in archway to the kitchen. 

"What are you doing?"

"Listening to a pirate themed song with pretending to be a pirate while doing the dished. Got a problem with it?" 

"I thought songs were supposed to have words in them."

"Not all of them do." I splash him with water. "Hey, do you mind putting this in the microwave?"

"Ok, but first, what's a microwave?"

"It's this thing. It heats up whatever you put in it." I tap the roof of the machine. "Put the plate in and press start." Jack opened the door and put the plate in and clicked start. The machine began counting down. He stared through the glass door in wonder. I look around the counter-top for the fork, but couldn't find it. 

"Jack, have you seen a fork?"

"The thing with three pointy things?"

"Yeah."

"It's in there." He pointed at the microwave. 

"OH GOD." I scramble towards the microwave, reaching for the door. In the corner of my eye, I see Jack's eyes widen. Without warning, he tackled me to the ground, covering my face. Just then does the microwave decide to explode. Shards of broken metal and glass fly everywhere. High-pitched ringing fills my head, and that's all I can hear. Jack's mouth moves, and I assume he's talking. When I don't answer, he begins shaking me gently. The ringing subsides just enough so I can hear him.

".... Y/N? Y/N? Are you hurt? Y/N?" Jack asks worriedly. I blink, and nod.

"Y-Yeah, I think. Just some ringing." I say just above a whisper, and he exhales. 

"Can you stand?" 

"I think so." I stand up with Jack's help, and when he lets go, my legs wobble. "Goin' down." I start to fall back, but Jack catches me. He picks me up gently, bridal style, and carries me to the living room. 

Everyone that wasn't in the room before was now. They all crowded around Jack and I with a look of panic.

"What was that?" Tooth squeaks.

I cleared my throat awkwardly. "The microwave kinda exploded..." I left out the part with the fork. 

"Huh. I didn't know it could do that." B/F/N says. "Is everyone ok?" 

Jack answers for me. "Y/N's still a little dazed so she can't stand, and she says she hears ringing. Other than that, she seems to be fine." They all exhale in relief. Jack sets me down on the couch and sits next to me. I blush a little, but hide it with a pillow. Leaning on him, I fall asleep. 

.....

I find myself on a plane, clutching the armrests for dear life. The girl in the seat next to me plays on her phone. 

"Would you relax?" the girl next to me complains. I don't relax.

"Why did I come on this death trap?!" I whine. 

She laughed and went back to her phone.

"Kill me. Kill me now."

As if someone heard, the plane rumbled. On the intercom, a male voice filled the plane. "Please stay calm, we've come in contact with some turbulence. It should be over in a few seconds."

I started hyperventilating. The plane rumbled louder and louder, and the drinks in front of us started to shake. 

"I DIDN'T ACTUALLY MEAN IT." I cry out to no one. The surrounding people stare at me oddly. "What?" They shrug and turn back around. The girl turns to me, annoyed. 

"Try looking out the window. Maybe that'll help." she grumbles. I nod, and look out the window. Just then, black sand flies past the window, and I see four black hooves trot past. My eyes widen and I look away.

"NNNOPE."

The girl groans and puts in earbuds. Suddenly, all of the lights go out, and the plane goes dark. 

"G-Girl who sits next to me? You there?"

No response. 

A single light turns on, revealing the outline of someone.

"Jack Frost won't be here to save you now." the voice chuckles darkly. I recognize it immediately. 

Pitch Black.

The seat I was sitting on dissolves, along with the bottom to the plane. My legs fall out of the plane, but I manage to grab onto the remainder of the floor with one hand. Pitch's face appears above me, arms folded behind his back. 

"Have a horrible flight."

He stepped on my hand and kicked it off. 

I bolt upright on the couch, narrowly missing Jack's face. It takes a minute for the head-rush to subside. Jack sits in front of me, eyebrows furrowed.

"Jac-Jack. Pi-Pitch w-was there a-and he-he-he-" I stutter, soon to be cut on by Jack. 

"Hey, hey, it's ok. You're alright, Pitch isn't here." he says softly, before pulling me into a hug. "He can't hurt you, it was only a dream. I won't let anyone hurt you."

Author's Note:

Sorry for the short chapter, I just thought that was a good place to leave it off. If you are reading this, please look out for a special chapter on Easter Sunday :3 

Also, I did not come up with the main idea for this chapter, @HERMIONEPFROST  did. Thanks a lot, Hermione! 

Toodles,

-Angel