Chapter 13

"Almost..." I mutter, placing the cards in the exact place, exact angle. "Aaaaaand...." I placed the last card on top,  making a card pyramid. "Yes!" I carefully took out my phone to take a picture. Just then the door bursts open, and Jack emerges into the room. The table rumbles around, and I shriek. I relax when the cards stay in place. 

"Did you take my staff?" he grumbles, eyeing me warily. Then he notices the staff leaning against the bookshelf. "Oh, there it is." He grabbed it, and flew out the room. Before the door could slam closed, I grabbed it. Sighing, I went back to taking the picture. 

"Sorry. I forgot that you hate me leaving doors open." I hear Jack say before the door slams closed. The cards shudder and fall together, and a poof of dust rises from the desk. I scowl and glare at nothing. [A/N Anyone get that RWBY Chibi reference?]

"Resist the urge. Resist the urge. Resist the urge." I mutter to myself, rubbing my temples. 

-- Time Skip --

Sitting in the living room, the front door slams open. 

"CAUSE IT'S NINE IN THE AFTERNOON..." B/F/N sings loudly. I immediately jump up and counter.

"AND YOUR EYES ARE THE SIZE OF THE MOON..."

"You're good cause you can so you do!"

"We're feeling so good!"

"Just the way that we do..."

"When it's Nine in the Afternoon!" we sing in sync, with huge , and don't forget stupid, smiles on our faces. We burst into laughter, hanging off each other. Jack looks behind his shoulder from the couch, with his eyebrow raised.

"A song, right?"

"Yep."

"Panic! at the Disco?"

"Yep."

B/F/N  laughed and poked my sides. "You've taught him well."

"I know." 

"So, whatcha you wanna do?"

"You burst into my house unexpected without any plans? Which reminds me, how did you get?"

She pulled a bobby pin out of her hair and smirked. 

"You know, there's a chance for you to do the right thing." 

"I love those moments. I like to wave at them as they pass by."

I snickered, remembering that scene from Pirates of the Caribbean. 

"I don't know if there's anything to do. You decide."

"No, you decide."

"You decide."

"You decide!"

"No, you decide!"

"You decide!"

"You're the guest, you decide!"

Jack decided to intercept. "Truth or dare?"

We look at each other. 

"Yeah, ok."

-- Time Skip --

"I dare you...to... kiss Y/N."  B/F/N says with the biggest smirk in the world. No, the universe. 

I throw a pillow at her, which she deflects. I blush from embarrassment, so does Jack. Oh, I forgot to mention that the other Guardians were playing with us. Tooth squeals, and Sandy gives us a thumbs-up. 

Jack nervously turns to me, and I get an idea. I smile and pull him towards me. I whisper the plan into his ear and he nods, stars in his eyes. We quickly kiss, making multiple mini fairies sigh dreamily and faint. 

We turn to B/F/N with evil glints in our eyes, and she knows she's in trouble. I tackle her down, holding her arms by her side while Jack grabs her phone. He taps on it, and looks up.

"Password?"

"4-8-15-16-23-42." I say simply, and he nods while tapping them in. "It's the Lost numbers. Are you in?"

"Yeah."

"Go to her contacts, and click on the name under "Crush <3 <3"." I say while smirking. She starts kicking around, glaring at me.

"What are you doing?!" she demands.

"Did you send it yet?" I ask, ignoring her.

"Yeah. Sent and received. He'll be meeting her at the park in 30 minutes." 

"What?!" She shrieks, throwing me off. She runs at Jack, who's eyes widen and he runs from her. She jumps at him, tackling him by the legs. She grabs the phone while sitting on his legs, weighing him down. Her eyes glow darkly as she slowly turns around to look at me. 

"Uh-oh." 

Well, this is how I die. 

My best friend murders me.

I bolt up and run from her, and we end up running in circles around the dinner table. I take a turn to fast, and run straight into a corner of the table. A very sharp corner. A searing pain shoots through my leg, and I topple over.

"I've been shot. The table shot me." I say.

"Good for the table!" B/F/N says. 

-- Time Skip --

B/F/N stalked back into the house, returning from texting her crush to tell him that her friend had texted that. I looked up from my computer.

"At my age, do you know how I'm statistically most likely to die?" I ask.

"At the hands of your best friend?"

"An accident."

"That's how I'm going to make it look." 

"You've gotta tell him one day, B/F/N. It's been 8 years you've liked him, he deserves to know."

"It's been 8 years, do I look like I am going to tell him any time soon?"

"Any day now."

Author's Note:

Sorry, this is kinda a filler chapter. I don't have any new ideas for this yet, but I'm working on it. Sorry for the short chapter!

-Angel