Chapter 14 (Part 1)

"Why are you wearing that?" Mom asks to 6 year old me. I have a face of ":3" as I look over my outfit. I wear a bright pink skirt, with a baby blue bow tied around my waist. A black jacket wrapped around my small chest, with silver armor above and below the jacket, holding the thin jacket strictly in place. The jacket has little red flaps were buttons used to be, hanging loosely over a baby blue shirt. The upper half of the blue shirt was plain white, with a little heart shape cut out right in the middle of my two collarbones. It was a sleeveless shirt, so the jacket covered most of it, but it was also sleeveless. The black collar of the jacket was standing straight up, right under my short hair that I had dyed orange. I had cut white socks off, making a long straight sock that I had slid onto my arms, stopping mid-way above the elbow. On the back of the jacket was the grey-blue image of a hammer with lightning going through it. That was Nora's symbol. Finally, I wore white high top boots with the top bent down, changing the top half color to the pink color of my skirt. Pink laces worked up the front of the boot. I was happy, since I had made this outfit myself from stuff I had found lying around. [Picture above]

"Because, I'm cosplaying as Nora Valkyrie!" I squeak happily, swinging the mini, Styrofoam, hammer around. 

"And you just couldn't wait for any other day to wear it?" she asks in disbelief. 

"Nope!"

She sighed, keeping her eyes on the road. We were driving to my grandma and grandpa's house for the holidays, since we barely ever see them. My eye catches the radio.

"Could you put in the RWBY soundtrack?"

"Y/N, I think you're a little to young to listen to those songs."

"But I already know all the songs!"

"You do, huh? Then name them."

"Ok! Red Like Roses, Part One. Red Like Roses, Part Two. Mirror Mirror, Part One and Part Two. From Shadows Part One and Two, I Burn Part One and Two, Remix Version, I Burn Ft. Lamar Hall, I Burn Remix FT. Lamar Hall. Boop, Shine, Time To Say Goodbye, Caffeine, Gold, I May Fall, and Wings.Not to forget the episode scores." I say immediately, and my dad rolls his eyes and smirks in the front seat. 

"There are that many songs?"

"That's just Volume 1! There's 3 more Volumes."

"Wow. I guess it's OK, then." She reaches over and grabs the CD, opening the case. 

"Eyes on the road, honey." Dad reminds her.

"I know, I know. It's fine." she grumbles, putting the CD in the radio. The first song starts, Red Like Roses, Part One. [Here's the link, listen to it on your own time. You'll like it :3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VN9sZumHT7A] She leans forward, turning the volume up. 

The car swerves into the other lane, and dad instantly reaches over and jerks the wheel around. The car swerves around, off the road and into a tree. I scream as the seat belt goes rigid, holding me in place. There was no such luck for my parents. Their seat belts give out, and they fall face-forwards into the airbags that had popped out. That's when I black out. The next thing I see is a grassy field filled with people in dark clothing. Looking around, I see two coffins next to each other. The people walk up to the coffins, talking to the people in them or dropping some object into them. I walk up, confused. My parents lay in the coffins, unmoving. That's when I realized that they were dead. 

-- Jack's POV --

"Kangaroo!" I yell at the Easter Kangaroo.

"Frosty!" he yells back.

"Is that all you got?"

"Not at all, Ice Princess!"

"Furby!"

"Freezer burn!"

"Droopy eyes!" 

He was going to counter with something, but was cut off by a scream. His ears flattened when it happened again. 

"Y/N." I say before running for her room. Kicking the door open, I see Pitch leaning over her bed, black sand floating all around her. I grab my staff and send a blast of ice at the sand, and it freezes and falls apart. I point the staff at Pitch, who growls and moves away. 

"What a sweet girl, Jack Frost." 

"What do you want?"

"You have a new weakness." he says darkly, gesturing towards Y/N, who was tossing, turning, and kicking under the covers. Bunny hops into the room, along with North, and Tooth. Sandy appeared right next to Y/N, making Pitch jump away. Sandy glared at him for a moment, before sprinkling his sand onto Y/N, and she slowly relaxed. Pitch slowly backed into the shadows, outnumbered. 

"Until next time, Guardians." 

And with that, he was gone. 

-- Y/N POV --

I woke to cold hands on my face, softly patting it. I bolt upright on the bed, hyperventilating. Jack's face becomes visible, his eyebrows furrowed. 

"Y/N. It's OK, it's over now." 

Flashbacks formed in my mind. 

'It's all over now, sweetie.'

'I'm sorry for your loss.'

'They were really great, you know.'

'Everything is going to be fine.'

It's not fine. Nothing's fine. They died. The only people I ever really cared about, dead. Gone. Never to be seen again.

I shook my head, tears falling. "It's not fine, Jack. It was never fine. Why do I get to live but they don't? Why?" I sob, burying my face into his shirt. 

"Who?"

"My parents... Why did they die, but I didn't? It-It doesn't make any sense." Jack wraps his arms around me, holding me close while rubbing circles into my back.

"I'm sure it will, someday."

Author's Note:

I'm sure you may of noticed, this is a part 1. I think there will be 2 or 3 parts to this chapter, but I'm not sure. Just keep an eye out for Part 2!