Chapter 26 - The Final Chapter

[ There's going to be some audio later, I think it's best that you play it, it helps the mood. ]

After playing a game of Sorry, Jack and MiM had lost, so they were tasked with making food for the others. MiM wasn't upset, because he usually spent most of his time in the kitchen. Jack on the other hand was moping around, because he had no idea how to cook, and he just didn't want to work. MiM dragged him into the kitchen, and opened a giant book of recipes. He stopped at the page label 'Fried Cabbage with Kielbasa' and started taking out the ingredients. 

"Jack, could you get the paprika?" MiM asked, but Jack didn't answer. He had his eyes pinched closed. "Jack?"

Jack's eyes fluttered open, and he looked at MiM. "Sorry, what?"

"Could you get the paprika?" 

"Oh, yeah. Where is it?" Jack asked, turning towards the shelves. 

"The bottom left." MiM said, and Jack nodded, grabbing it from the shelf. "Is everything alright? You seem off." 

Jack shook his head and set down the paprika. "No, I'm fine. Just thinking. Uh, do you need the cutting board?"  

MiM looked at him, noticing that he was changing the subject, but he decided to not push. "Uh, yes." Jack silently reached up to the top shelf, softly grunting, and pulled the board down. Of course, MiM heard, so he decided to keep an eye on him. It was good that he did.

Suddenly, the board fell from Jack's hand, and he grabbed his right side, grunting in pain. MiM quickly put down the head of cabbage he was holding, and moved to Jack just in time to stop him from collapsing. MiM held him up, helping him walk to where the others were. As they entered the main room, everyone looked up at them.

"Where is the infirmary?" MiM asked as Y/N rushed up to help hold Jack. North motioned for him to follow and everyone rushed in the direction of the infirmary. 

"What happened?" Y/N asks, trying to look at Jack, but his head was down. 

"I am not sure. He collapsed after clutching at his side." 

The Guardians exchanged looks. "Could it be-" 

"It's possible." North said, pushing open the doors to the infirmary. He said something to a very confused yeti, and the yeti nodded and ran out. MiM set Jack down on a cot. 

"What's possible?" Y/N asked, grabbing onto Jack's hand. [Play the audio now, it helps the mood]

In response, North moved Jack's hoodie to reveal a large black splotch- where he was hit with Pitch's arrow. 

"But... I thought that healed..." Y/N whispered.

Tooth's wings fluttered nervously. "It did, but I never though it was possible for it come back." 

"What is there to do?" MiM spoke. "Pitch's sand cannot be near Jack's heart or brain. At the rate it is growing, it will not take long."

It was clear what would happen if the sand reached either his heart or brain. 

"The only thing we can do is have Sandy use his sand to try and push Pitch's back." Tooth says, and Sandy nodded, and started directing his golden sand against Pitch's dark sand. 

Pitch's sand had found it's way up into Jack's lungs. Jack's mouth opened as he gasped for air. Tears formed in Y/N E/C eyes, but she forced them to stay back. Sandy took in the situation, directing more sand against Pitch's. 

Shock filled Sandy's eyes when he saw the darkness fighting against his sand. And winning. 

The dark sand was spreading at a faster rate, almost at Jack's heart. Jack had pushed his chin as far up as possible, trying to further the distance the sand had to climb, taking in ragged, short breaths. 

"Please, hang in there, Jack." Y/N whispered, bending down to hug Jack. 

The room went silent. 

A voice whispered.

"Y-Y/N..." 

It was B/F/N. 

Why couldn't it of been Jack? 

Y/N lifted herself up as a tear fled down her face. She gazed at Jack Frost. His blue crystal eyes were closed. 

"Jack?" Y/N whispered, another tear dropping. "Jack? P-Please, open...open your eyes." The room was silent and still. "No... Jack... co-come back. Jack..." Y/N dropped her head onto Jack's unmoving chest, tears coming and going at ease. 

"Please..."

Tooth's wings flattened against her back as she held Baby Tooth close. Sandy shakily dropped his head. Bunnymund's ears drooped as he stared in shock. North's face fell, and he took off his hat, holding it over his heart. Manny didn't even know what to feel- he felt everything. 

For Y/N, it was like she couldn't function. She only felt anguish. Her whole world turned upside down. Everything was black and white. She was surrounded by silence. Y/N's senses were failing her. Her world was falling apart before her very own eyes, and she could do nothing about it. The sun would set, and she would be in complete darkness. 

Y/N broke down in front of her friends and family, tears flooding, out of her control. 

The love of her life was gone. 

Y/N threw her arms around Jack Frost, holding him close. His arms hung at his side, and his head rested on her shoulder. His white hair hung aimlessly in his eyes, those beautiful blue orbs that would never be seen again. Y/N's tears dropped from her chin, landing on Jack's hoodie. From there, they rolled down slowly, soon to collect at his dark wound. Y/N tightened her hold around him, never wanting to let go. 

Slowly, two cold hands moved around so that they were wrapped around Y/N. Y/N felt a shift, and looked down. 

She looked right into soft, blue crystal eyes. 

"Jack...?" 

A small smile formed on the face sharing those blue eyes. "Hey there, Princess."

"But... you..."

"Now, why would I ever leave my Winter Angel?"