Chapter 3

We arrive next to my house after a few minutes. Everyone else was already there.

"Jack, I thought you were carrying her?" the fairy questions, with her hands placed at her hips. So his name is Jack...

"I know but-"

"Are you seriously that lazy?" the Russian guy asks. Bunny sets me down, and hops over to them, leaving me in his dust.

"No, I'm not! If you would let me talk-"

"We're here!" Bunny announces, making the little yellow guy jump.

"Ok, this guy is really fast." I say, pointing towards Bunny.

"Not as fast as me." Jack boasts, grinning.

"Really?" Bunny questions, moving to stand in front of him.

"Really!"

"You wanna race? We'll race. We'll race right now-" Jack's cut off by the fairy whacking his head. "Wh- hey!"

"You boys need to calm down for once..." the fairy groans.

Bunny and Jack glare at each other before turning their backs.

I remember my house key in my pocket, and I let myself in my house. They all follow me inside. Ok...

"Uh.. thanks for saving me. And bringing me home." Then I realized something. "Wait, how do you know where I live?"

Their eyes all widen and they look at each other.

"Just who are you?" I walk into my kitchen, and grab a spatula.

Great thinking, Y/N. They can fly, or make random tunnels appear.

A spatula will surely help.

"Should we tell her?" the fairy asks the others.

"Does it really seem like there is anything else to do?"

I walk back into the room, hiding the spatula. The little yellow dude points above his head, and an yellow image forms of something.

"No, Sandy, we can't erase her memories. What if Pitch comes back?" Jack says to Sandy's picture, pretty loudly.

"Then we tell her!" the man says in his Russian accent.

In sync, they all turn towards me.

"There's something we need to tell you." Jack says.

"We aren't regular humans." the fairy starts.

"Well, yeah, I kind of sensed that from the flying and tunnels. Plus, you know, a talking rabbit." I say.

"What I mean is that -"

"We're the Guardians." They say at the same time. Which sounds kinda creepy, by the way.

I just kind of gape at them. The pieces all fall together.

"Oh."

The man with the long, red coat and Russian accent is the first to speak. "I'm Santa Clause, but everyone calls me North. The Guardian of Wonder."

Next, Bunny. "I'm the Easter Bunny, just call me Bunny or Bunnymund. The Guardian of Hope." Bunny adds. That made sense.

Next, the fairy. "I'm the Tooth Fairy! Call me Toothianna, or just Tooth! I'm the Guardian of Memories!" she squeals happily. Whoa. Didn't see that coming.

My eyes fall to the little yellow guy. He just waves at me.

"Oh, yeah, this is the Sand Man, everyone calls him Sandy. He's the Guardian of Dreams. He doesn't talk." North says for Sandy, who smiles an adorable smile.