Chapter One: Let's Play Ball

"Hurry (Y/n)!" "You can do this (Y/n)!" "She's coming guys, look!"

You ran as fast as your legs could push you. You needed to make this home run. You had batted the ball really far. But there was still another chance for the opposing team to get you out of the game.

You slid to the home base just in time before Reiner could get you out.

"Yes (Y/n)!" Petra exclaimed as she engulfed you in a bear-hug. You chuckled and pried her off of you.

"He, thanks," you replied. After a handful of thank you's from your teammates, you made your way to the back of the line behind your bestfriend.

"You were pretty decent brat," Levi stated as he turned to you. He clicked his tounge in disgust when he saw the streaks of red clay on your jeans.

You rolled your eyes and looked at your pants.

"Don't worry, I've got an extra pair," you reasoned. Levi just stared at you blankly and turned to face the front of the line.

You often wondered why this boy was your friend. He always nagged at you when you "accidentally" made a mess. Not to mention, he called you brat as if it were your name.

But let's face it, he calls everybody 'brat'.

"Alright everybody, let's stop this game and start a new one," your school coach called. Everybody stopped playing the baseball game, and abided by the teacher's rules.

"A student came to me, complaining that there were two of the best players on the same team," the couch announced. At this statement, the whole class turned to both you and Levi. You shrugged shyly whilst Levi flashed an intimidating look; thus making everybody turn back.

"So, I am going to make new teams. Is that clear?" Everyone nodded their heads in agreement.

"Great," the coach confirmed. "If you think you're good at baseball, step right up," he called. As you had anticipated, only you and Levi had stepped forward. The coach smiled at the two of you.

"I want the two of you to pick your teams. Starting with Levi," he spoke. Levi gave a curt nod. You spotted a small smirk grace his facial features. You knew it was directed towards you.

"Mikasa," he called. Mikasa stepped up and stood beside Levi. Mikasa never liked to brag about her athletic ability. Although, everybody knew she was also good at sports.

You inwardly growled. If Levi wanted to play that game, you were totally ready for what he had in store.

"Armin," you called. Armin's eyes widened as he stepped forward. Levi glanced at you. You were sure he was confused too.

"Sasha," he declared. Sasha skipped to Levi's side with a cracker in her hand. You quietly chuckled.

"Eren!" You exclaimed happily with your arms out to hug him. Eren lightly smiled and gave you a small hug. Levi glared at Eren. You never got why Levi was so hostile towards Eren.

"Petra," he called. You were now confused. You thought Levi hated Petra. He had told you that Petra was always annoying, and had this even more annoying crush on him.

You shook it off and looked at the others that were left.

"Hm..." you uttered. "Oluo," you decided. Oluo stepped towards your side and opened his arms for a hug. You simply looked at him and turned to Levi, signaling him to pick his next player.