Chapter Twenty-Five: Sick

*Special message at the end (you're going to want to read it)*

"I'm not sick!"

"Like shit you aren't. Lay the fuck down." You groaned, rolling your eyes before slamming your body face-forward onto the bed. "And stay there. I'll be back." You neglected the urge to groan back a reply, turning your head to the side so that you could breathe more clearly.

—Not that it really made a difference with the intense nasal congestion that had made itself known to you in the early hours of the morning. You lazily grabbed hold of a tissue from the box on your nightstand, making a move to sit up and once again, attempt to rid your nose of the mucus that remained stagnant before your sinuses.

"Oh...woah," you croaked out when a cloud of vertigo overcame your senses. You immediately lay back down, allowing the effects of dizziness to dwindle. You let out an uncontrollable cough before frowning, looking up at the ceiling of your room.

Yeah...you were sick.

8:00 AM, the red-lettered time on your digital clock read. There's no way I'm going to school anyways...

"Here," Levi's voice brought you out of your dizzy fervour. You glanced at where he stood: by the doorway with a steaming mug of liquid (presumably tea) and a large coaster beneath it. "Ginger tea."

"Ew, no," you refused hoarsely with a weak shake of your head. "That's gr—" you paused to let out a fit of coughs into the inner elbow of your sleeve. Once you finished, you continued, "—gross..." Levi rolled his eyes before proceeding forward to set down the cup of ginger tea on your nightstand.

"Tch, I didn't ask for your opinion. Drink it. I'll be ba—"

"Aren't you going to school?" you interrupted, glancing up at him with curious, tired eyes. "They're revealing the soccer tryouts results..." Levi let out a click of his tongue before setting down his bag by the door to your closet.

"Doesn't matter. You're sick."

"You also can't miss another day of gym. Pixie-Stick is going to give you forty laps." You watched as Levi remained stoic and redirected his gaze to the floor of your room. He almost seemed to be considering your words.

"...Fine." Your eyes lit up. Had it really been that easy to convince him to go to school today?

"You're going?"

"No. Let that old-ass man give me forty," your friend muttered before stalking out the doorway. "Drink your damn tea." You let out a heavy sigh, muttering curses under your breath as you sat up—slowly this time—to reach for the mug on your nightstand. Grabbing the mug, you sniffed the liquid gingerly (no pun intended) before taking a curt sip shortly after. Your face contorted.

"Ew, ew..." you whined quietly, taking one more sip of the bitter liquid before setting the cup back down. Your throat hurt, your mouth was dry... You were feeling incredibly drowsy, tired, congested and to top it all off; it hadn't been due to the forces of nature. This was entirely, unequivocally your fault. If only you had listened to Levi's orders the previous day, you wouldn't have been too sick to, in the least, get out of bed this morning.

"No regrets..." you muttered with a sniffle before snuggling yourself back into the depths of your covers. Regardless of the consequences, you were at least glad that you had been able to cheer Levi on during (what you thought to be) such a pivotal moment in his high school career.