Chapter Four: Morning Rush

Days later...

'Ding'.

You groaned; your voice gradually getting louder as you grumpily reached for your phone to see who had texted you. Why would anybody dare to wake you up at this time in the morning?

...What time was it, exactly?

You glanced at the numbers that were displayed on your screen.

7:00 AM.

"Shoot!" you muttered as you hurriedly got out of bed, falling on your face in the process. You winced in pain before urging yourself to get off the ground. You had school today, and you couldn't afford to miss anything or show up late.

You had a Math test first thing in the morning.

You had one of the strictest Math teachers in the school; Ms. Brzenska. She was brute with her students and was extremely keen on punctuality. Just like Levi was. Obviously, Levi never got picked on by Ms. Brzenska. But you?

Oh, that was a totally different story.

You strategized a day-plan in your head while you dashed to the bathroom.

'Okay, school starts at eight o'clock, and Levi usually comes to get me at seven thirty. Which means I've got to take 15 minutes to shower and get dressed. And that leaves me with 15 extra minutes to eat.'

You finalized your plan in the shower while washing out your hair. The moment you were done, you hopped out of the shower and rushed to your closet to find something decent to change into.

Once you had put on a publically suitable pair of clothing, you grabbed your phone, keys, and bag and stumbled down the stairs (nearly falling on your face again) to have breakfast.

You briefly read the time on the analogue clock that hung on the wall.

7:20. Ten more minutes until Levi was here.

Or, so you thought.

While in the midst of eating your Cheerios, the doorbell rang. Your eyebrows creased as you walked to the front door with your bowl of honey-nut oats in hand; unlocking and opening the door with the other.

"Oi, brat," Levi greeted before letting himself into the house on his own accord. You smiled slightly, trying to quickly finish the leftover food you had in your mouth.

"Hey, you're here pretty early," you responded, trailing into the kitchen to place your nearly-empty bowl in the sink. You'd deal with washing it later.

You watched the raven-haired male make himself comfortable on your living room couch. He grabbed the remote and turned the TV on. You sighed. The two of you had under ten minutes to spare. You took your phone off the dining table to scroll through your notifications. You did vaguely remember a text notification from somebody earlier. But you didn't quite see the contact.

You sat next to Levi on the couch as you tapped on the messaging icon; reading your texts one-by-one. A few of them were from Levi yesterday. You had been texting him, but you'd eventually fallen asleep.

~🍰𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕨𝕓𝕖𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕊𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕔𝕒𝕜𝕖🤬~

You: Levi...

You: I can't sleep.

You: Are u free 2 talk?

~🍰𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕨𝕓𝕖𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕊𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕔𝕒𝕜𝕖🤬~: ...What?