Chapter Twelve: Crush

(A/n): oh, wow. What a questionable name for a title, hmmmm?

Hope you enjoy.

-Aliya.

Hanji gasped, banging her left hand repeatedly on the cafeteria table and using her right to grasp your arm tightly.

"(Y/n)! (Y/n), look, it's him!" she pointed frantically across the room, a red a hue spreading across her cheeks. She quickly looked away, pursing her lips as she looked down at her food. Your eyebrows creased in curiosity as you tried to locate the source of Hanji's embarrassment.

"Huh? Who?" you inquired, trying to spot the person she'd been fussing over. All you could see were various crowds of people making their way into the cafeteria. Many chattered while others silently picked at their food. Some were even lined up for their food, lunch trays in hand. Your eyes narrowed slightly in suspicion as you watched Hanji pick nervously at her food with her fork.

"Hanji...what are you doing?" you inquired, your eyebrows raised in suspicion. Hanji made no eye contact.

"Eating."

"Really?"

"Mmhm...Yup."

"Hanji, your picking at your food with a fork." Hanji shrugged in reply.

"So?" You rolled your eyes, shaking your head in the process.

"Hanji, you're eating pizza." The brunette froze like a deer in headlights. And then suddenly, she sighed in defeat. She let go of the plastic fork and turned to face you. She took a deep breath.

"You know that boy? The one standing at the entrance?" You moved to stare back at the entrance and fought the urge to deadpan.

"Which one?"

"The cute one!" You scratched the side of your temple, squinting to get a closer look. You blinked.

"Um..." You scanned the area, spotting then voicing the name of the first person that came into view. "Levi?" Hanji's head quickly shoot up as she looked you, a weird expression on her face; one of...mortification?

"What? No!" Hanji looked back, making brief eye contact with said raven-haired male. Hanji shook her head in what seemed like disappointment.

"I can't believe you think that short-stack is cute...bleh." Your breath hitched as you shook your head frantically.

"Well, you're being very vague!" you argued, your palms facing upward and your shoulders raised. "You said 'the cute one'---"

"And you said 'Levi'."

"No! Well...yes, I did. But that doesn't necessarily mean I think he's..." you trailed off, using weird hand gestures to illustrate your words. "You know..."

"Cute?"

"Yeah," you replied, seeming satisfied before turning back to look at your food. There was a moment of silence afterwards.

"..."

"But that isn't to say he isn't cute, right?" Hanji slowly turned her head to face you, her eyes slightly widened.

"What?" she questioned with such incredulity, it almost sounded as if she thought you were crazy. You quickly began to speak again.

"W-Well, maybe not cute. The word cute is rather...odd. Maybe...handsome?"

"Handsome?" Hanji repeated, her head nodding downward at that note. "How is that any less odd than 'cute'?" You blinked, staying silent for a moment and seemingly pondering Hanji's question. Then, you shrugged slowly before shaking your head.