Chapter Ten: Familiar

Levi stuffed his hands in the pockets of his hooded sweatshirt, watching as you retrieved a grocery cart by inserting a quarter---his quarter--- into its slot. You walked over to him with the double-basket cart; stopping in front of him and hopping inside the lower portion, your legs dangling over the basket, your shoe-clad feet nearly touching the floor. You pointed ahead of you, a triumphant smile dancing on your lips.

"Foreword and onward to the fruits and vegetable aisle, Ackerman!" you declared, expecting Levi to begin pushing the cart.

There was no movement.

You frowned, twisting backwards to face your raven-haired companion with a small pout. Levi glanced away, crossing his arms.

"Tch, it's either you get your ass out of this cart or I'm not pushing it." You frowned, staying in your position. You put on your best puppy-face, attempting to swoon Levi.

"Tch, what the fuck are you doing with your face?"  You sighed in defeat, your bottom lip protruding as you began to arise from the cart.

And suddenly, the object rammed into the back of your legs causing you to yelp and fall back into the cart in surprise. You smiled as Levi continued to push the cart as if he hadn't had his doubts earlier. And it was then that you realized:

Your puppy-face had made him swoon.

Or at least, that was what you thought.

~

"We need that."

"We need this."

"Oooh, Levi? Levi! Look at that! Can we get it?"

"Weviii?"

"What the fuck do you want this time, brat?" You gingerly held up a pack of cookies, shaking them lightly in your hands.

"Can we get these?"

"Tch, we already have three packs of cookies in completely different brands," Levi deadpanned, grabbing the pack for further examination. He read the back, looking over the nutrition facts.

"Twenty-three grams of sugar? Why would you want to put this shit into your body?" You replied with a shrug, eyeing the cookies carefully.

"No." You glared at him, earning an eye roll in response. You sighed, turning back to find the aisle you'd taken the cookies from. You didn't have to do exactly that, but you knew Levi would call you out if you didn't.

"What?!" you muttered exclamatorily while you were crouched down to pick up another pack of cookies you'd spotted in another aisle. "Birthday cake Oreos?!" Your eyes remained widened in astonishment as your focus remained on the item in front of you, too distracted to realize someone had crept behind you. It was only when you heard a low whistle that you became startled.

"Hey, sweet cheeks," a sly voice cat-called, causing your blood to boil slightly. You quietly arose, ignoring the man and his crude comment before beginning to head toward the direction you came from—back to where Levi was waiting for you.

And then, a hand gripped your left wrist tightly, sending a current of shock through your body. You pursed your lips in frustration, turning back to face the male.

He was a blond man—poorly shaven stubble, and a big nose. His dark-brown eyes were menacing, shining with a glint of mischievousness.

He looked awfully familiar.