Chapter Two: Thirty- Year Old Mice

Word Count: 1358

A/n: Normal updates will continue. I am so sorry about the extremely long wait.

"Oi, hurry up brat!" Levi whined. You rolled your eyes. He just couldn't wait a few minutes.

"Hey, if you think I'm taking too long, why don't you just go to class?" you asked as you searched for a book in your mess of a locker. Levi clicked his tongue, but stayed where he was.

Levi had tried to talk to you about punctuality on numerous accounts. But you never really took his advice into consideration.

"I found it!" you exclaimed. Levi rolled his eyes and began walking to. You quickly caught up with him.

History was next (and last) on the list. Gym had already tired you out. All you wanted to do was lay in bed with a large tub of ice cream.

But we all know that the impossible could only remain the impossible.

"Shorty! (Y/n)!" cried a high pitched voice. You smiled.

"Hange!" you exclaimed. Levi sneered.

"Are you going to stalk us everywhere shitty glasses?" Hange just smiled.

"It's not stalking! Although yesterday, I was stalking," she explained. You laughed.

"Well, we're off to History. Do you want to come along?" you asked. Levi shook his head.

"No."

"Why, yes!" You smiled and linked arms with Hange.

"Then let's go!" you stated happily. Hange was one of the only people who could lighten your mood at any given time. Of course, Levi thought she was a pretty bad influence on you.

Did you care? No.

Hange was both you and Levi's childhood friend (even if Levi didn't consider her a friend). You'd known her for so long.

Once the three of you had gotten to History class, you sat in your assigned seats. The same seats you had chosen at the beginning of the year: Levi on your left, and Hange on your right. Behind you sat Eren, Mikasa, and Armin. You thought they were pretty nice. Although, Levi didn't quite like Eren. You wouldn't say that Levi necessarily bullied Eren; he just picked on him a lot. Most of his nasty glares were pointed at Eren.

"Hello!" you greeted. Armin smiled.

"Hey (Y/n)! Have you finished reading that book you borrowed from me a few days ago?" he asked. You nodded excitedly.

"It was actually interesting!" you exclaimed, handing him the book. "Those titan creatures really got me there. If they were real, I'm pretty sure I'd be terrified my whole life," you admitted. Armin nodded. Before he could say anything else, Hange brought your attention to a cage near a window sill.

"Look at those mice!" she cried. Everybody in the class brought their attention towards the two small rodents that sat lazily in their cage. You raised a brow.

"Since when did Mr. Smith get pet mice?" you asked. All of a sudden, said teacher bursted into the room.

"Actually, I got them at an auction sale yesterday!" he exclaimed. Jean then called out from the back.

"Who gets animals from an auction sale?" he asked. You turned your head to face him.

"Apparently he does," you replied. A girl named Krista jumped up and down in her seat.

"They're so cute!" she commented. Ymir chuckled.

"Yes you are," she muttered, causing Krista to blush. Levi rolled his eyes. You lightly hit him on the side of his arm; scolding him. He just glared at you. Mr. Smith walked to the mouse cage and peered at the two small animals.