Chapter Five: Unknown

You read Levi's text the moment you got to the front doors of the school. A smug smile dawned on your face as you walked through the halls with your phone in your hands.

~𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕨𝕓𝕖𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕊𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕔𝕒𝕜𝕖~: Where r u?

~𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕨𝕓𝕖𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕊𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕔𝕒𝕜𝕖~: R u still at home?

~𝕊𝕥𝕣𝕒𝕨𝕓𝕖𝕣𝕣𝕪 𝕊𝕙𝕠𝕣𝕥𝕔𝕒𝕜𝕖~: Answer u brat!

You resisted the urge to laugh as you entered your locker combination to retrieve your books. You looked around the halls. People were now beginning to file inside the school, and the daily buzz consisting of the occasional gossip and events of yesterday could be heard among the students.

As you watched, your arm rummaged through the mess of papers and textbooks that threatened to all fall out of your locker. You frowned as you ended up pulling out a Biology textbook instead of your usual Math textbook.

"Wait, why do I still have this?" you asked yourself as held up your AP Bio textbook. You weren't even allowed to keep any of the Biology textbooks throughout the year due to budget cuts in the school. You simply shrugged your shoulders, deciding that you'd just dump it in Levi's locker while he wasn't here at the moment.

That's what you always did. But unfortunately, he always noticed and he'd always kick your ass for it.

But that didn't stop you.

Once you finally found your Math textbook, you pushed your locker door closed (struggling greatly due to the things that threatened to spill out), and walked over to Levi's locker which happened to be across the hall from yours.

You monitored the halls to make sure Levi didn't walk in on you breaking into his locker; even though he was well aware that you knew the combination: his birthday.

You had warned him to be more creative with his passwords, or else you'd figure them out. But he just replied with the most typical Levi-themed-answer ever:

"Shut-up. I'll do whatever the heck I want, brat."

You shook your head as you opened the metal door, and was met with an extremely organized system. All of Levi's textbooks were neatly stacked and placed in alphabetical order on the top shelf, and his folders and binders stood upright just beside the textbooks. On the second shelf were his extra clothes that were neatly arranged in the back of his locker, and his spare charger that you "borrowed" from time-to-time.

With your Biology textbook in hand, you quickly shoved the object into his locker, not even bothering to camouflage it with his other textbooks. You smiled, content with what you had done.

"Hey, (Y/n)!" you heard a voice exclaim. You quickly jumped away from the direction of the voice, thinking for a moment that it could have been Levi. You sighed once you turned around.

"Oh," you breathed out in relief, "hey, Eren! What's up?" you replied while you tried to regulate your breathing. Eren shrugged.

"Oh, nothing. I just wanted to say hi," he replied. You smiled.

"Aw, thanks, Eren!" you said contently. Eren chuckled as he scratched the nape of his neck.

"Yeah, and... your also in front of my locker," he added. You raised your eyebrows in question as you backed away from the locker next to Levi's.