24

There's nothing else in my mind expect my guilt towards Mark. I shamelessly blamed him for all these when all he wanted to do was help. I even forget about the massive number of people outside the building that want to bombard me with questions and criticisms. 

I bump into Lee Hi on my way out. "Where are you going?" She asks, not surprised at all to see me without my mask. She grabs my arm when I try to ignore her. "You can't go out there, Ms. TiQ ... I mean ... Tanya."

"I have to." I look at her, almost in tears. 

She stares at me a little longer and sighs. "You can use my car." She turns around and tells her driver to escort me to the parking lot. 

"Thanks." I smile at her weakly and give her a hug. 

She just nods and pushes me away gently. "Good luck!"

The older man tries his best to shield me from the people who want to get near me, successfully taking me to the car without any scratch. "Where to?" He asks, starting the car. 

I ask him to take me to the boys' dorm, already sweating in nervousness. I tap impatiently on my leg when we get stuck in traffic. Mark. Please be there. Please be there. I chant over and over in my head. 

I don't know WHEN and IF I'm gonna see him again after this. And I don't want to part with him without apologizing. It's the same as what happened last time. He left feeling angry at me ... and I haven't seen him for three years after that. 

Whatever happens to me ... Wherever this problem is gonna take me ... I might be thrown back to the Philippines or cursed to eternity of damnation .... At least there would be at least one person who believes in me ... that'd be Mark. 

I thank the driver when we get in front of GOT7's apartment building, just a few blocks away from their company. I'm just glad the public doesn't know where they live, I don't see any reporters or suspicious people lurking around. 

"You sure you don't want me to wait?" The man asks. 

"Yeah. Thanks." I smile at him before running inside the building. 

The elevator seems to be moving especially slow. I tap my feet on the floor as I wait for it to reach the level where the boys' unit is. 

Once there, I start to hyperventilate. Suddenly, I feel like going back. But, the doors of the elevator are already closed. Beads of cold sweat start to form at the sides of my face and my nape as I just stand in the middle of the corridor, contemplating on whether to continue or not. 

I'm not sure how long I've been standing there. I turn around when I hear the elevator opening again. 

"Tanya?" Jackson comes out, then Jinyoung. 

I get tongue-tied all of a sudden, looking stupid as I stare back at the two. 

"What are you doing here?" Jinyoung comes closer. I'm sure they've seen the news already. 

"I ... " I lick my drying lips, "Where's Mark?"

"Mark? He left early in the morning. Why?"

"Shit." I lean on the wall, letting it support me. I'm too late, aren't I? "Fuck!"

"Hey." Jackson stands in front of me. "We ... saw ..."

I bend my head low, my tears already coming out my eyes even if I want them to stay inside. 

"JB told us everything." Jinyoung adds. 

I still can't look up at them. 

"Wanna go inside for a while?" He asks.