25

"Tanya." The lawyer calls my attention, tapping on the desk between us. "You still with me?"

I shake away my thoughts for a while and look up at him. "Uhm... yeah ... sorry."

"You ok?" He tilts his head to the side, bending it lower to study my face. "You look pale, Tanya. You wanna go see the doctor?"

"I'm fine," I feign a smile. I do feel a bit weak. I haven't had sleep for days now and I don't have any appetite. I've been talking to different advisers, lawyers, and the media and the stress is taking a toll on me.

Bianca's been staying with Ms. Heo at Ji See's and I'm almost always at the company. I miss her. I would drop by the apartment from time to time, just to see her already asleep. I'd lay with her for a short while and leave after an hour or so, with tears in my eyes.

All I ever wanted was to give her a better life. But now, that seems a bit distant. Our faces are all over the news. They've even looked into my past and now everybody knows about my mother raising me without a husband. Even her gambling habits are written on the articles. And because of that, my chances of winning the case against that old man is getting slimmer and slimmer.

Everything that I've tried to hide is now laid out in the open for everyone to see and criticize. I've become an open book and more and more people are starting to show their hatred towards me.

"As I was saying," the lawyer continues, "we need to try and convince the other girls who were trainees at that time, Tanya."

I shake my head, sighing. "I don't think anyone would want to talk."

"We have to at least try."

I close my eyes as my vision is starting to get a bit blurry again. Maybe it's because of the stress or the fact that I just lack sleep. My head starts to ache, my temples throbbing.

"Tanya?" The voice of the man sounds distant.

I bend over, putting pressure on my temples with both hands.

"I'm calling a doctor." He says, getting up and quickly running out of the room, calling out someone's name I can't really understand.

_________

"Just let us go home. Please." I cry, looking up at YG from where I'm laying on the bed.

He nods his head, blinking slowly. "I'm sorry I had to put you through all these." He whispers. "I'll be booking a flight for you and your daughter as soon as the doctor says you're ok to go."

I smile weakly at him, letting my tears fall on the bed. "Thank you. For ... your help. For believing in me."

He nods again. "Always, Tanya. I'll wait for you to get better, ok?" He pats my hand.

I look away from him. "I don't think I am." I say softly.

I wipe my tears when the room gets loud. A group of four noisy girls and guys come in the room, flowers and balloons in their hands.

"I'll leave you to talk to them." YG gets up from the chair.

"Please. Don't tell anyone?" I say before he can get any further.

He nods and smiles weakly.

"Tanya!" Min Jun is the first to get to the side of the bed after greeting the boss.

"How are you, sweetie?" Jae Eun is right beside him, taking my hand and waving the colorful bouquet she's holding.

"Hey!" Lysa just nods, walking to the other side of the bed and tying the strings of the balloons at the post of the bed.

Masked Musician - GOT7 Fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें