Epilogue

Mark

"Uncle MARKKKKK!!!!!" Bianca is shouting as she bangs on my door very early in the morning.

I force myself out of bed and open the door before she hurts herself. "Uhm...." I look down at her with my sleepy eyes, leaning on the doorframe.

"Why are you not ready yet?" She scolds me, pushing me towards the bathroom.

I am able to glance at the clock hanging on my wall and see that it's still seven in the morning. I've only been asleep for about two hours because our flight was delayed. "Bianca ..." I grumble, but let her push me in the bathroom door with my eyes half-closed. "Ok. Ok." I tell her as I close the door, pushing her gently back out.

Fully awake now and under the shower, my tears fall with the water.

It's been a year and I'm still having a hard time coping up. Still in denial. All our final memories together come rushing in my head.

"Get up, sleepy head." Tanya is hovering over me when I open my eyes and I can't help but smile up at her. "Breakfast is ready."

"You should've woke me up." I tell her, lifting my head up a bit so I can plant a kiss at the tip of her nose. "I told you I was gonna cook."

She shakes her head, leaning down and pecking my lips. "I wanna do it. While I still can."

I sigh and stretch, making her fall to the side and I go on top of her. "Thank you."

She raises a brow. "For breakfast? You haven't even eaten yet?" She giggles.

"For letting me stay."

Her arms go around my neck. "I wouldn't want you anywhere else but here, Mark." She pulls me down and my lips touch hers.

"Mark! Hurry up. Miah's here." JB's knock on the bathroom door jolts me back to now.

I immediately finish up and change. When I get out of the house, they're already all waiting in the car for me. Bianca holds onto my hand as I sit beside her at the back.

"I wanna stay in the middle." Bianca insists when we get in the car to take Tanya for another doctor's appointment.

"Ok." I chuckle, lifting her from the side and moving her between Tanya and I. "You comfy?"

She nods. She holds my hand and takes Tanya's with her other. She looks at me then at her mom. "Are you married?"

The question takes both Tanya and I by surprise. We look down at her, not knowing what to say.

Tanya looks at me then down at the girl again. "No, baby." She giggles awkwardly.

"My teacher said, if you love each other, you should get married." She takes both our hands and puts them on her lap, mine on top of Tanya and hers on top of mine.

"Bianca ...." Tanya's cheeks are now red. She can't even look me straight in the eyes.

Actually ... I've asked her. But, she didn't want me to end up being a young widower even if I insisted I didn't mind.

"See." I squeeze Tanya's hand. "Even the kid thinks we should." I chuckle, amused at how her pale skin turns crimson.

I look down at my hand in the kid's. The silver ring glints as the ray of the sun touches it.

"Don't cry, Uncle Mark." Bianca reaches her tiny hand on my cheek. Although my tears haven't totally come out, they're hanging at the brim of my eyes. "I miss her, too. But, Lola said I shouldn't cry because Mama will always be with me. She's watching me from the sky. I'm sure she's always with you, too."