butterflies

You know that feeling where you have the butterflies something bad is going to happen? The kind where you feel like you have just woken up and you just want to give up on today already? The butterflies that feel more like a wasp is stabbing you in the side and it's like you can just feel that today is not your day? That's how Lilly feels right now...

"Daniel I think I'm sick" i lie trying to get out of school. "Eat your breakfast and you'll feel better" he replies and I just roll my eyes and try and eat what's on my plate. "Princess let's go!" I faintly hear yelled from outside and then a car honks. "Have a great day!" Daniel calls out as I walk out the front door and I just slam the door shut. "Whoa princess slow your roll" "Joey left" I say and just sit there out of water in my body to cry. "Oh my God princess I'm so sorry...." Mary starts. "No I'm fine I'm used to this" I say and she sighs and we head toward Dans house. "Boundaries" Mary says as the crazy blue haired girl comes running toward me. "Please" I barely whisper before I find myself with just Mary in a hallway entrapped in a hug. "Princess he'll be back he loves you.... he promised" "they all promised and they all just left one after the other" it's silent for a few minutes and the bells rang and neither of us has moved. "Princess I swear I'll never leave you like they do, you're my bestfriend and my world and I love you princess and nothing could ever change that" i stand there in her arms just bawling and bawling unable to actually say anything but choke out an I love you too. "Mary Lilly class now!" I hear a sharp voice yell and we end up following our history teacher to his class Mary holding my hand so I could find my way and me not even being embarrassed once in class. "Lilly you have a visitor in the front office they said they have something urgent to talk to you about" my fifth period teacher says I glance at Mary and then slowly stand up and walk out of the class with my bag knowing why I've had this bad feeling in my stomach all day. I see Joey standing there in that front office and I don't go to him and I also don't run away I just stand there looking through the glass doors just staring at him. "Lilly" I hear him say through the thin glass and I still don't move. "Lilly I really need to talk to you about something" he says opening the door and I walk into the office and down to a conference room they're allowing us to talk in. "You promised" I barely so much as whisper and he sighs "I didn't leave Lilly Daniel kicked me out, something about me not giving him enough attention while I was trying to get work done, baby I would never leave you, you mean the absolute world to me" "are You going to come back" "I don't know baby girl but I'm going to try my best to fix things with Daniel and if it comes down to it the house and you are in my name so I can always get you back if you run into problems with Daniel. Honey I don't want you to ever not be okay I can take you back now just give me the sign and youre mine again little one I promised I'd never leave you and Tyler told me what Daniel said about me so I thought I'd come tell you what really happened. I love you Lilly you're my daughter and I'm never leaving you a promise is a promise." "I  love you too" I say confused and.out of tears once again. "I'm going to go over and talk to Daniel tonight can you go to a friend's or Tyler's after school please" "Yeah I'll probably be at Mary's but I'll text you and let you know where I end up" "okay bye baby girl I love you with everything forever and always"