Chapter Ten

The cold water felt refreshing as it streamed against my skin. It cooled me down and woke me up. Putting my tooth brush away, turning off the shower faucet, I rinse my mouth and grab my outfit. Sliding on the skirt I hope that it'll cover my baby bump as it goes up smoothly. Placing a red halter top with rhinestones at the crown on I notice that it's tighter then usual probably from my breasts growing on account of this pregnancy. Putting on heels to look as professional and not pregnant as possible I examine how I look in the mirror. My halter top doesn't look as tight as it feels thankfully and my knife pleated matte skirt cascades over my body hiding my growing bundle.

Grabbing my phone I check the time I still have a few hours I can definitely have some mouth-watering breakfast. With these pregnancy hormones anything edible makes my taste buds tingle unless it's fried for some odd reason that makes me queasy. Preparing some fruit, I bake a chocolate stuffed croissant and read a mommy to be book. I'm on the section about parenting and how great it is for both, a mother and father, to bond with their baby. As my stomach grows the baby will start to hear it's surroundings and that would be a great time for Harry to speak or sing to him or her. His angelic voice would be so comforting. Shaking my head the oven begins to beep signaling that my food is done.

Grabbing it and taking a quick bite I try to chew quickly as the hot chocolate burns my tongue, blowing air out in the process. Trying to remember directions to the office I grab my resume, a map, and my purse and head away from my flat.

Taking my sweet old time, I inhale the beautiful air exhaling any negative feeling I've ever had. I'm going to start working, supporting my baby, and be happy. Nodding my head as if to say hello I greet the people of the community. This city is so beautiful and everyone seems so sweet. Making a turn at the corner I encounter a beautiful book store keeping a note in mind I decide that I will check it out later. Finally getting to the complex I reach the psychology department and instead of it being dark like my last visit theirs bright light shimmering through the glass door. Checking the time it shows that I'm a few minutes early although I don't think Isabella will mind. Opening the door I roam the room with my eyes spotting a petite female with long, silky black hair. Smiling as she sees me I return the same gesture and move towards her desk.

"Hello, I'm Jessica. You must be Isabella? We spoke on the phone recently." I say moving my hand in attempt to greet her.

"Call me Bella, it's so nice to meet you." Bella responds getting up to shake my hand and kiss my cheeks, that must be a cultural thing.

"It's nice to meet you as well," pausing I open my briefcase to hand her my information, "Here's all the information you requested I thought giving you copy's would be better then having you look at them through a computer."

"Oh thank you. Honestly I already read through them and you're perfectly qualified. Congratulations, though we do have one problem." She informs me.

Feeling my poster drop I respond, "oh?"

"Yeah. This position isn't permanent because this is a family clinic. The former psychologist didn't know he'd die this early and his son still hasn't finished school so once he does he will take over again. Is that okay?"

Trying to process everything I try not to frown. This job was keeping me positive, but what will I do after the baby is born? I'll need a job. Mentally debating I decide to just take it and think more when I get home.

"Of course, it's fine. How long until he finishes school?"

"About six to eight months." Hmm that's actually perfect since I'd have to be off for the birth.

"Thank you."

"You're very welcome. So, this is how much you'll be paid and how your schedule will be." Bella says handing me a paper. Wow scanning it I have the perfect schedule and great pay.

"Thank you so much." I say again.

"Not a problem let me show you the office, patient records, and what they use. You start tomorrow."

"Sounds good." Following behind her we get to the office. It looks just like a stereotypical psychologist office with a laying bed, some couches, and a desk. There are still pictures that belong to original doctor which gives me a sad feeling I hope she's okay with me changing it. I mean I won't have family pictures, but I can add inspirational quotes and such.

Grabbing the patient records she explains what each person is like personality wise and what they struggle with. After a few minutes she leaves so I can get settled. Pulling out the first log I learn that my first patient of the day is named Daniel. He's twenty two years old and suffers major depression due to the high expectations set by his multi billion dollar family. They own hundreds of companies over various countries. They force their expectations on him and don't allow him to follow his own path, he doesn't have any independence and honesty if his depression wasn't so bad I'd suggest him to run away like me. He definitely needs a break, a change of venue.

My next patient is really young she's only ten, which breaks my heart. She has depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, and anxiety. The psychologist believes the root of her problems started as a child she's never met her father 'supposedly' he died at birth however, he thinks her parents divorced which is a taboo her in Italy. Focusing on her chart I try not to drown in sadness. I couldn't possibly have my child deal with this. He or she would know about their father right? What would I tell it? I don't want her/him to have emotional problems or development problems just because they don't have a dad present. I could take on both roles right... putting her folder away I continued reading the rest of the files.

A N: hi thanks to everyone for reading sorry if it was short I might edit it after finals. I've been so busy, but I'm trying my hardest to update every week I finish school in a few weeks and hopefully once I'm done I'll be updating a few days a week(maybe even daily) If you see any grammatical mistakes please let me know!