Chapter Twenty-Three

"Tell her to cancel the paper work, Jess. You're hormonal right now and over reacting. Trust me once you hear the full story you'll wish that you never acted like this." Louis fumed like he believed that what I knew wasn't true. Harry really is a great manipulator.

"I don't thi-" I started to insist when I heard the doorbell echo through his house causing my face to warm up. I'm sure it was red and showed my anger. Looking at Louis I'm positive he could tell how angry I was that someone was at the door. He must've told Harry I was here.

"I know what you're thinking, but I didn't tell anyone you were here. I'll go get the door you can stay here I won't let anyone enter just don't over-react, please." He insisted. Moving behind the door of his room I kept it open and tried to listen hoping sounds would echo down the hall.

"Hey Liam, what are you doing here?" As I listen to his tone I can tell he genuinely had no idea why Liam was there. Breathing out I relaxed knowing Harry wasn't here.

"You said you would babysit for me this week. Anyways, have you heard from Harry?"

"Oh okay, and I haven't been on my phone. Why what's happened?"

"Jessica's here, she's back. He saw her at the hospital yesterday seems like she got the news about her mum. I don't know how Eleanor caused all of this she really is something else."

"Yeah must be. So, have they talked?" Louis questions sounding really curious. Listening to someone's shoes touching the hardwood floor I look through the crack between the door and wall and see Liam's son William walking towards the room I'm in. Shoot he can't see me or Liam will know I'm here. Taking a slow step back I try to rush into Louis' bathroom without making a sound. When I finally make it I close the door cautiously to ensure I don't make a sound. Locking it I slide against the doorway until I've hit the ground. Sighing I realize I can't hear them in here.

This is not me. I'm sitting in a restroom hiding from my friends and from a innocent baby who was so used to my presence. I'm the person who's always there for everyone who forgives and forgets so easily. I used to be there for everyone whether it was babysitting or being a shoulder to cry on. How could I run away or be so mean to everyone? This isn't me. Moving the tears off my face with the back of my hands I flinched as I heard a knock on the door as Louis began to speak, "Coast is clear you can come out."

Holding onto the doorknob I try to get up only to realize how weak I was. Scooting forward I open the door and ask for help, "I'm a little stuck can you help me up?"

Twisting myself to face him, he grabs my hands and pulls me up. Wrapping my arms around him I feel his warmth radiate onto me. How could I be so mad at him? He's my best friend, my brother. Smiling at his familiar scent I know he's still smoking those disgusting cigarettes. "I'm sorry for holding a grudge for so long Lou. I don't know what is going on with me." I start keeping my arms around him I've truly missed him. "I guess I knew I would forgive Harry easily for what he did even though cheating is a big dealbreaker for me, it's so hard for me to stay mad. Maybe it is the hormones or maybe I knew I had to stay mad, but I can't hide from my friends. I still don't understand why you didn't tell? My memory would and did come back eventually, you must've known I'd react pretty bad. For goodness sake I did see what happened with my own two eyes."

"Well, you see, the thing is we were going to tell you, but we wanted to give Harry a chance and he wanted to wait until you developed feelings for him again-"

"Which I did." I groan knowing he got me twice. Pulling away from the hug I face him making a sad face as my lips frown.

"Yes, and he knew that. He got on a plane as soon as he heard Sophia ask if you could be pregnant. He didn't want you to go through anything without knowing about the miscarriage. He wanted to support any choice you made, but he didn't want you to think you were trapped. Also, speaking of what you saw with your own two eyes. When they were kissing, did he kiss her the way he kissed you? Where were his hands?" He questions, pouting my lips and scrunching my eyebrows I think back to the memory that's replayed itself in my head plenty of times.

That day I had told Eleanor I was going home early to surprise my husband with the gender of our first baby. She acted so happy for me and even suggested throwing me a gender reveal party, but I wanted it to be intimate between Harry and I. So, after my class I rushed home and when I got there and finally saw them kissing all I could focus on was the sight of their lips pressing onto each other, but now I do remember Harry's hands on her arms under her shoulder. That's not where Harry puts his hands when kissing they're usually wrapped around me or at the bottom of my spine. Oh my... He was trying to push her away.

Gasping out loud I feel my voice tremble, "He, He was pushing her away? I missed out on more time with my family and being happy about a pregnancy again because of her?! You know the day I left she came to MY house and tried taking advantage of my 'memory loss'," I state making air quotes on the words memory loss, "She had no idea that I was better and pretended to be sad about losing you. She even asked me for help." I inform him unable to keep out a laugh. That girl is truly something else.

"Wow-" Louis says only to be cut off by me.

"No, wow, is an understatement she must be psychotic. All these years of her wanting to tag along on my dates with Harry by making them double-dates with you I should've known she liked him."

"It's not your fault, love. The girls got issues." Louis explains right as my phone begins to ring. Looking at my friend I ask him to grab it for me with my eyes as I lay upward on his bed.

"I need to rest and check my blood pressure all this news could effect the little life." I inform Louis as he hands me my phone. Looking at the caller ID I notice that it's my lawyer answering her call quickly I greet her.

"So, I've began drafting the-"

"I'm sorry, but can I stop you there. I'm not sure about the divorce anymore. If I do still want it i will call you in a couple of days."

"Thank goodness. You two are my favorite couple" she cheers before ending the call.

"Stop looking at me like that Louis this doesn't mean I'm getting back together with him. It just means I'm going to hear him out."

Shaking my head at him as he moves his arms up and down as if he's won something he mumbles, "does this mean I can tell him you're here?"

"No, I'll call him tomorrow and meet him at home. I need to rest today and just eat and take my meds. There's been enough stress on my body. I can't add to that for the sake of your niece or nephew."

"Okay, I'll be back let me go get you something to eat." Smiling at my pal I try not to think about how much time was taken from my family and I because of that cruel monster.

Authors Note : Hi guys, I really hope you liked this update. It seems like Harry and Jessica will be reunited soon. Please remember to vote, comment, and share. It means the world to me knowing I have your support and I'm continually motivated by it! Thank you to all my frequent commenters who make me smile! And a BIG thank you to all my readers I see you guys too and appreciate you.

Does anyone have an idea on what's to come?