Chapter Twenty

I have arrived at the best destination, a place where I know I won't run into any paparazzi. He's made sure to keep it as private and out of range as possible. As Paul's car approaches the high-end secure gate I enter the code and put my fingerprint in place, in order for the door to open. I know it will notify him that I'm here and even though I'm mad at him it is the best place for me to stay.

Fixing my dress and making sure my pregnancy bump isn't noticeable I head out of the car and venture closer to the large white wooded door. Making a fist with my hand I knock on the door and prepare myself. Listening to the abrupt sound of the door open I'm barely attentive when I feel someone's grasp around me. Noticing the familiar scent of my best friend or ex bestie I hug him back and then smack his head with the back of my hand.

"Ouch. What was that for? You're the one at my door" he informs me sounding all sassy and shocked by the impact.

"Says the one who lied to me," I begin folding my arms, "I'm just here until the divorce is official I don't want the public to know anything. It's quite a humiliating life and this is the best place for me to hide."

"Woah. Wait. Divorce? What?" Louis mumbles with wide eyes.

"He cheated on me Louis. You know that has always been a deal breaker to me. I ran away and that was wrong, but with my mum nearly dying I realized that I shouldn't escape my family just to be free of Harry. What he did to me was wrong and I need to just end it. I can't escape my reality any longer. I don't know why I'm here I just wanted somewhere far from the media. I'm still mad at you." I say moving to his living room and taking a seat on the couch. Keeping my poster upright and straight to give a slim allusion I make sure not to slouch.

"That's the thing, you haven't heard the whole story. You're a psychologist if he was cheating you would've noticed," he says matter of a factually looking at me with confidence.

"Love is blinding that's how I did not notice, but I saw him with my own two eyes."

"Both you and I know there's more to that story. There's two sides to every story Jess." Trying to stay calm I flinch at the touch of his arms on my shoulder. I know he's trying to comfort me, but it's hard to feel safe with people who lied and betrayed me for so long. I'm not sure how I'm staying contempt with these hormones.

"Yeah, well on my side I literally saw Eleanor and him lip locking. It can't get anymore accurate then that."

"But it can, just listen to his side of the story. If you don't want to hear it from him at least listen to me! It's not what you think. Do you really think we'd keep this a secret if he did something bad?"He started shouting as his face blazed red, it was so bad you could almost see the steam coming from his ears.

"Nooo! I already saw everything I need to see. I don't want to talk about this anymore I can't let my blood pressure rise or drop."

"You're blood pressure? Why would that matter? Look I'm sorry you think we did something wrong, but I promise if you would just listen to his side everything would get better." My childhood brother promises taking a seat by me.

I wish he would just stop talking about my horrible ex. It's like he doesn't realize that I'm still angry at him, and everyone else from my so called 'family'. Our friendships were supposed to be important until he convinced them all to lie and deceive me. Grimacing I tried to act nonchalant as I felt a sharp pain in my abdomen.

"Are you okay?" Louis questions. Knowing he can tell when I'm lying I just nod my head. As long as I stay still I should be fine. Closing my eyes for a second I take a deep breath in an attempt to relax. I'm not sure what to do. I know I came to Louis and maybe deep down it's because he'll always be like my brother. I need to forgive him and I know he'll keep nagging me, but I don't think I can tell him about the pregnancy. If I did he would tell Harry and then it would keep us bonded forever. Harry loves children just as much as me, if he knew he had a baby on the way he would never leave the child or me. At least if I get away from him he'll never know and he can just start a new life and family with Eleanor.

"Let's go get your luggage" Paul suggests taking the attention off of me. As much as I want to run to the car I remember the doctor saying I should stay in bed. However, if I don't get up I'm sure Louis will suspect something.

Looking over at him I start to get up when he says, "I'll help, you can stay here or go to your room. You can have any room you'd like, but the one I built for you is still an option. I'm so happy you trust me enough to stay here. I'm sorry that you thought I broke your trust. I know you're stubborn and won't budge about Harry so I'll stop bringing him up as long as you forgive me."

"Thank you." Louis never drops anything this quick he must have really missed me. Smiling at him I feel so much better maybe Gigi was right holding grudges causes bad outcomes. I wonder what she was saying about Sophia. Grabbing my pre-natal vitamins from my handbag I put a tablet in my mouth and drink some water before Louis gets back. Pulling out my phone I see the notifications come up from my line here in the UK. Ignoring them I notice a recent message from my Lawyer. It looks like Harry already contacted him. He probably wants to get divorced as soon as possible to be with Eleanor. Wiping the single tear running down my cheeks I wish I could be stronger maybe it isn't the hormones making me cry, maybe it's the fact that my heart is broken. I thought traveling helped me, but seeing my husband today brought me back to my miserable reality.

Shaking my head I decide to go to bed; the call with the lawyer can wait. Making my way to my guest bedroom that Louis let Harry and I design for visits I decide it's not the best place to stay. Going to his bedroom I hope he won't mind I don't want to be in Liam, Sophia, or the other lads rooms it just wont feel right.

Going to his room I pull off the bed-covering and lay down letting my head hit the pillow.

A/N: Hi, hope everyone has had a great holiday so far. I will be uploading the next chapter soon and it may or may not be in Harry's POV. I just wanted thank you guys for continuing to support me. I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long I had exams and essays. I took some English courses and I'm hoping with the chapters to come my writing will improve.
If you see any errors please let me know through the comments! Please vote, comment, and follow me. It truly motivates me!