Chapter Sixteen

I know what I have to do.

There's no way around it. As if I could avoid the inevitable. Was it so impossible to just separate our two souls? I never wanted to see him again, but I don't even know what's wrong with my mum, my best friend. I know she's worried about me and I can't have her thinking I'm gone without even telling her goodbye. Wiping the waterworks that I wasn't aware of I pull out my phone and hope that Jay is home.

Sniffing from the tears as I wait for her to answer the door phone I try to distract my mind with the constant ringing.

"Hey, girly. What's up aren't you supposed to be at work?" She questions oblivious to the news I just found out.

Trying not to let my voice waver I hope she'll do me a favor, "Yeah, but listen can you do me a favor. I have a key under the mat and I was wondering if you could go into my apartment and start packing my clothes, I'll pack my technology since they'll be going on the carry on with me."

"Of course, I would do anything for you love it's just, what," she starts probably wondering what to say," why are you leaving? I know you had problems with your ex and you said you'd never go back home. Are you traveling to a new country?"

"No, I just found out that my mothers in the hospital and I need to see her. People go there for lots of reasons and most of them deal with death. I know she's worried about me and if her times coming to an end I've got to see her."

"Oh my gosh. I'm so sorry don't think so negatively though maybe she's just got a really bad flu."

"I know, I hope it's nothing serious, but it looks like I've got to go home. I tried avoiding this, but everything happens for a reason. Anyways I'll call you back I need to visit Luke I'm not even sure if I can travel with the pregnancy and everything." I quaked nearing the doctors office and hanging up after she said bye.

Opening the door, the place looked full. Scrunching my nose I went to the front desk and asked to see the doctor.

"Hi, Georgina it's nice to see you again. Can you let the Doctor know I need to see him it's an emergency and it honestly can't wait."

"Well were pretty full right now, but I'll let him know you're here." She responds calling a nurse to inform him, at least I hope so.

Taking a seat I look at the couple next to me. They look so happy and prepared to be starting a family at least that's what I assume as they smile while reading a parenting book together.

Unfortunately, they catch me staring at them which is really awkward congratulating them quietly I'm re-situated when I hear my name. Standing up way to quick I feel a little dizzy as I wobble my way in to the room the nurse points me towards. Unaware that Luke was following behind me I jump a little in surprise when I turn around and see him all up in my face.

"Everything alright?" He asks me with a face full of worry.

"Yes... well no, not really. I just found out that my mums in the hospital and I need to travel back home to see her. I'm not sure what's wrong, but I do know I can't just leave her and hope for the best. She has no idea where I am and I knows she's probably worried sick." I sob failing at staying calm.

"Jay told me a little bit about you leaving so I understand where you're coming from. I remember you being really stressed our last visit and although I wouldn't recommend you taking a flight anytime soon I know you won't listen. So, here's what I want you to do: book the flight I will prescribe you some medicine that'll keep the baby healthy, relax because it's not good for you the baby, and as soon as you see your mother and make sure she's fine I want you to go see an OB/GYN."

"Okay... Thank you."  I blurbed between sobs and gasps of air. Feeling a warm embrace against me I calm down against the sweet doctors chest.

"I'm going to miss you. I know you won't be able to travel back soon and I wish you the best of luck on the delivery and your mother."

Thanking him again I give him a hug before saying goodbye. I'm really going to miss the people that I met here they were like my friends and I feel so bad knowing I'm abandoning my patients, but I know Tony will take great care of them.

Oh my gosh I forgot all about my date with him. I hope Isabella updated him with the text messages I sent her. He should be able to start work early and although I wanted to date him I doubt it would've ever worked out with my past haunting me and my future scarring me.

As I continue my walk home I do something I told myself I'd never do. I look up myself on the internet to see if people know about my leaving and my mother being sick. Scrolling through the news feed on google all the articles pertain to the hospital and ambulance she arrived in not one word about me. Not that I'm shocked Harry wouldn't want to ruin his 'perfect' image. Shaking my head in anger I booked my last minute flight back home using my credit card that I'm hopeful Harry isn't able to track.

The closest flight is in three hours which means I have to be at the airport right this very minute.

I finally arrive home and rush to the safe so I can grab my money, ids, and passport telling Jay a quick hi as I look for everything. Asking her to call a taxi I ensure that I don't forget anything and thankfully, all my drawers are empty and Jay has everything packed for me. Giving her and her beautiful daughter a hug I thank her for the great times and try not cry as I exit.

Unfortunately, my hormones are stronger then me and the tears are on a constant loop as I say goodbye to my great friend.

"I'm going to miss you," I continue between sobs, "As soon as I get settled I'll call you with my new number you must come visit me soon."

"I will for sure and I'm going to miss you more." She responds as I walk toward the taxi. Rushing my bags to baggage claim I make way to my gate and line up for the plane. Heading on the plane it feels like everything is moving fast-forward as the pilot announces that the we are moving and I'm going back to the place that I escaped from over a month ago... the place I vowed I would never go back to.

A/N: Thank you for all the feedback hope you liked this chapter. I don't know about you guys but I'm really excited for her to go back home. It's about time!

Do you guys think she'll see Harry?

P.S: might be doing another update soon. I'd appreciate hearing your feedback votes and comments it truly warms my heart.