Chapter Fifteen

Tossing and turning one more time I glance at the clock aloft my vanity and instead of sighing like I did the whole night, I feel my cheeks lift as I smile knowing it's finally time to get ready for work. Although, I am sleep deprived the excitement of knowing I'm going on a date today is keeping me wide awake and alert.

Rushing into the bathroom, I start the shower so that I can get in there directly after using the bathroom. Grabbing some of my nice vanilla scented body wash I head straight in and take my time ensuring that my body smells great. Shaving the small stubble running across my feet I try to think of what I should wear while enjoying the warm water flowing so effortlessly down my figure until the soap is gone. Grabbing my robe that's beside my shower I put it on till I dry and look through my closet for something cute since Tony is meeting me at the office.

I want to wear something cute, but sexy seeing as being pregnant is neither. Scrunching my nose I make the negative thoughts vanish and pull out a casual lace up black dress that reveals the perfect amount of my growing bust. Black is a slimming color and I'm sure it won't show my bump. Putting it on I smile at how right I was and decide not to skip out on make-up I just want to feel fierce like my heart wasn't ripped out over a month ago...

Applying some bright matte pink lipstick, I decide to add some eyeliner focusing on the winged look. Smiling at how it turned out I go back to my closet and snatch some pink stilettos to match my lips and head straight to the kitchen. Here I grab some chia seed pudding that I made and a plastic spoon so I can eat it on my way to work.

Enjoying the beautiful, breezy wind I smile and greet everyone I see. Unfortunately, since my feet are swollen I walk very slowly to work in my cute heels. Thanking goodness when I finally get to the office. Opening the glass door I see Bella on the computer and tell her good morning.

"You look happy." She sing-songs winking at me.

"What? I'm always happy." I respond acting unaware of my extra happiness.

"Mhm," she starts looking at knowingly, "Susie comes in fifteen minutes, so we can both team up against you. Ya know."

"Pshtt, I'll be in my office." I say grumbling quietly until I get there. Sitting in my comfortable spinny chair I relax until I hear the voice of my little angel. Smiling I get up and open the door for Susie and her mother.

"Hiiiii," I begin greeting when I feel someone hugging me tightly. Looking down at the culprit I tickle her, "someone missed me? Didn't they."

"I did, but mummy said she wants to talk to you in private and Miss. Bella said I have to stay with her."

"We'll then give me one more hug and I'll see you in a few minutes." I respond, hoping that my gut feeling about something being wrong is wrong.

As she heads out the room, closing the door behind her I look over at Arabella who looks rather shaken. Putting my arm on her shoulder I move back to my seat across from her and give her the time she needs to begin talking. "... I finally thought Susie was getting better... She's been so happy lately and I know you are the reason why. I'm tremendously grateful, but this morning things were different she was back to her old self and I do not know why. Did I have something to do with it? Am I just a bad mother?" She sobbed breaking my heart.

"Ofcourse, not love. You're a great mother children with mental illnesses can get better and then worse before they're better again. The way their minds work are unpredictable. I can agree with you on one thing though, I did think she was getting better. Do you think she heard bad news or saw something saddening? If that's possible then she could be reacting like a normal child." I explain happy that my gut feeling was wrong. If Susie is relapsing then that's definitely fixable.