Chapter Thirteen

"So is he cute?" Jay questions wiggling her eyebrows at me. I've been hanging out with her for over an hour and I updated her on the dinner the 'psychologist' to be invited me to attend.

Grabbing a pillow I toss it at her and begin to reply," First of all ew no more guys for me remember? Second I haven't even met him that's so what the dinner is for."

"I know what your ex did to you was horrible, but that shouldn't keep you from getting to know someone else."

"Says you? We both know Dr.Hemmy likes you just as much as you like him. The guy is head over heels for you and you keep friend-zoning him." I contradict putting my hands on my back as I look at her knowing I'm right.

Watching her facial expressions change I can see how right I am. Opening her mouth like a fish to begin speaking she closes it probably because she has nothing to say. Groaning at me she starts to blab belatedly, "I can't be with him though. I'm a mother what if he doesn't raise my baby as his own plus I've heard horror stories about what stepfathers do to their stepdaughters. I can't risk hurting Emily."

"Look I know there are a lot of what ifs, but you've known Luke for a while and it's not like you're going to marry him! Just go on a date and see what happens I'm not saying you shouldn't be cautious however, you do need to live your life; take risks."

"I don't know, anyways do you know what you're planning on wearing?" Jay asks trying her hardest to change the subject looking away from me I see how she's letting my words sink in. Unfortunately I don't predict that she'll listen to me anytime soon.

"I'm not sure I want it to be a professional outfit yet casual."

"So business casual?"

"Hmm maybe. What time is it anyway?" I question looking at my watch the numbers read 4:00 o'clock. This means that I have two hours until the dinner and that I should probably get ready. Grabbing my phone and satchel I stand up and look at Jay who seems to be in la la land probably daydreaming. Shaking my hand in front of her face I break her gaze.

"What?" She whines looking at me.

"I asked you for the time but it's all good my watch came in handy. I should get going I need to get ready."

"Oops sorry I guess I have a lot on my mind," she begins while frowning,"can I come? I want to help get you ready."

"Of course. Let's go." I state making my way next door and to my bedroom. Jay goes straight to my closet to find my outfit while I go to the restroom to grab my hair supplies.

"I got it. Get your arse over here." She shouts. Please don't let the outfit be weird I think to myself worrisome as I rush to her.

"I'm here, I'm here." Looking at her smirk I feel my goosebumps rise which definitely creeps me out."What's wrong with you? Your smirk is scaring me."

Staying quiet she grabs a dress from behind her back and replies,"This. Is. It."

Rubbing my hand on my face I look at how short the dress is there's no way that was in my closet.

"That's not mine. I don't wear dresses like that it's too revealing."

"It was in your closet and it's perfect."

"It was probably my friends and let's not forget I'm pregnant and it's too tight." I whine trying to come up with more excuses.