Chapter Fourteen

Harry's P.O.V.

"Harry, dear. Liam is at the front door waiting for you. He say's its urgent that you go with him." Jessica's mother, Janet, shouts from the bottom of the staircase. It's been a few weeks since Jessica vanished after recovery from her case of amnesia, that's what we all assumed at least.  

Sophia believes she was the last to see her and doesn't think she was with her when she regained her memories. Although, she does think she was acting a bit bizarre after her doctors appointment.

Unable to find her I asked her parents to move in with me in a desperate attempt. In addition I asked for them to forward their mail to our home address just in case she sent a letter or anything that could help us. They were more then eager to help and felt guilty for not telling her about the miscarriage. What they don't know is that there's a high probability that she left due to what she assumed was an affair.

Losing her has changed me and not for the better. My heart feels at loss and although I feel guilty for not being completely honest with her parents I'll do anything to find her.

"I'll be down in a minute." I respond running my fingers through my tousled hair I sigh and grab my phone. Heading out the door quickly I say goodbye to my in-laws and head to Liam's truck.

"What's up?" I question looking at a serious faced lad.

"We might have a lead on Jess. Mikes been looking into hotel, home, and rent purchases dealing with a female in her twenties while cross-referencing them with the name Jessica and he found a match pretty close by."

"Really? Where is she? Could this be it we've finally found her." I shout enthusiastically unable to help myself. Bouncing up and down in my seat I try to stay calm. I'm so happy to have such a good private investigator.

"I wouldn't get to happy since we all know she doesn't want to see you plus we aren't 100% sure that it's her." He pauses turning on his the left signal for his car. "Mike was going to drive over to the purchased house today, but I told him that you would want to see for yourself. He's been calling you all day. I understand how you must feel, I just don't think you should be droopy and staying in bed all day. You have no right to be depressed everyone told you to talk to her." My so-called friend basically shouts at me. This causes me to ball my hands into fists breathing gently I try not to let myself get heated.

My personality is what one would describe as chill however, being without her my emotions are reckless. He does have a point though, a point I wish I could ignore as I feel the pain in my aching chest rise.

"You're right." I begin looking down at my lap. I wish my jeans weren't so plain so I could distract myself with patterns. "Where are we heading?"

"We are heading north the distant drive will be about three hours." Liam informs keeping his focused eyes on the road.

Peering my eyes out the window I pay attention to the city we called home together. The skyscrapers we would admire together. Shaking my head I try not to let my scattered thoughts get the best of me.

3rd Person POV

As Harry and Liam continued driving to search frantically for any lead Harry could grasp and follow. A desperate hand knocked on the huge door of the Styles residency.

As Janet looked through the window she was shocked to see one of her daughters ancient friends whom she hasn't seen for awhile. She wondered if she heard about Jessica's disappearance, she wondered why Eleanor hadn't been coming over with everyone?