PROLOGUE

p r o l o g u e" the beginning ofeverything "-

p r o l o g u e
" the beginning of
everything "
-

Simon had never been the organised sort. In the little time he did spend at university, he struggled with punctuality, work-load, and general life problems that he's never been taught how to solve.

That was one of the many perks of having an attentive mum: she was more than willing to do anything for you.

Probably what he missed most was the food she cooked for him. The kitchen had never been his place and it probably never would be. He laughed at the thought of him even trying to cook anything more than a boiled egg.

So, maybe it was fate when he opened the lecture room door into the back of one of the most organised girls he'd ever met, sending her toppling forward and her books and papers everywhere.

"Shit," Simon cursed, rushing in to help her as their peers looked on unsure of whether to laugh or help. She was already pulling all her books and papers back into a cluster in her hands. "I am so sorry," He said, bending down to help her.

When he attempted to help pick the papers up for her, she swatted his hands away. "No, no, you'll mess up the order!" She'd protested, scrambling to pick the rest up. He withdrew his hands. "Sorry, organisation is kind of my thing." She sighed as she stood up.

Simon stood too, only now being able to properly look at her. She was short, much shorter than he was, not aided by his own outstanding height. Her hair was curled to the best of the ability allowed by her short, chocolate hair and her eyes were framed by the large, wire-rimmed glassed she had to keep pushing back up onto her nose as she kept looking down at her feet. The sleeves of her jumper were far, far too long, but she was cute and likeable.

"It's my fault, I shouldn't have just barged in like that," Simon said, rubbing the back of his neck.

She laughed a warm laugh. "It's fine," She replied, juggling her books to hold in one arm and extended her hand towards him. "I'm Adela."

He shook her hand, her palms were soft. "Simon," He replied with a smile, which she returned and, god, was it a bright smile.

And it was a smile that would be by his side for such a long time that he would forget what it was like to not have it there to turn to in the mornings, to kiss, and to be the cause of.

Simon and Adela.

Adela and Simon.

The beginning of everything.

-

Just a short little introduction to the premise of this book, beginning with how Simon met Adela.